I was just given a Jennings"CLUB CHIEF" 5cent pls help

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

I was just given a Jennings"CLUB CHIEF" 5cent pls help

Postby Daak » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Like i stated in the subject line I was recently given a Jennings "CLUB CHIEF" 5cent that was headed for the trash dumpster. It was originally installed in the Chief Petty Officers (CPO) club in Yokosuka Japan the reason I know this is when i opened it up the coin drawer was full was full of CPO Yokosuka 5cent and 10cent Tokens. it has the red plastic front but no lights are installed also the jackpot window has the" guaranteed jackpot" sign in it and the door on top of the Jackpot window does not have the indian head on it instead it has 3 rivets where it is suppose to be but the look like it was done by the manufacturer the handel and drum work but the rest seems to be disconnected. I recently purchased the repair and parts book from ebay so i can hopefully get it back in working order in the near future. my question is do i leave as is or try and find the indian head door reinstall the lights and so on the machine is over all is in very good shape the solid oak cabinet is immaculate the bottom chrome is in good shape for the age of the machine and the top appears to be polished aluminum that is in need of a little smooth and polish work. please let me know which way i should go with this.

this is my first antique slot and i am very excited to get all the functionality back plus I think it will be so cool to just have the pay out counter is over 57,000 so it is a very used machine. thank you for any inputs
Daak

Re: I was just given a Jennings"CLUB CHIEF" 5cent pls help

Postby oldslotman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:20 pm

IMG_1486.JPG
Daak wrote:Like i stated in the subject line I was recently given a Jennings "CLUB CHIEF" 5cent that was headed for the trash dumpster. It was originally installed in the Chief Petty Officers (CPO) club in Yokosuka Japan the reason I know this is when i opened it up the coin drawer was full was full of CPO Yokosuka 5cent and 10cent Tokens. it has the red plastic front but no lights are installed also the jackpot window has the" guaranteed jackpot" sign in it and the door on top of the Jackpot window does not have the indian head on it instead it has 3 rivets where it is suppose to be but the look like it was done by the manufacturer the handel and drum work but the rest seems to be disconnected. I recently purchased the repair and parts book from ebay so i can hopefully get it back in working order in the near future. my question is do i leave as is or try and find the indian head door reinstall the lights and so on the machine is over all is in very good shape the solid oak cabinet is immaculate the bottom chrome is in good shape for the age of the machine and the top appears to be polished aluminum that is in need of a little smooth and polish work. please let me know which way i should go with this.

this is my first antique slot and i am very excited to get all the functionality back plus I think it will be so cool to just have the pay out counter is over 57,000 so it is a very used machine. thank you for any inputs

Here is a picture of a Club Chief. What door above the jackpot and indian head are you talking about?
oldslotman

Postby terick2104 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:32 am

Evidently he has a Sun Chief and is referring to the Indian Head mounted on top of the jackpot.
terick2104

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:13 am

terick2104 wrote:Evidently he has a Sun Chief and is referring to the Indian Head mounted on top of the jackpot.

I'm sure that it is the later chrome model, as you say, but they did make that model in a "Club Chief' as well.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Daak » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 pm

It does appear to be a "sun chief" however the glass sign in the top says "club chief". The more i look the more issues I find it seems to be missing a lot of parts. There is a hand written number inside not sure if it means anything. It appears that the top was never chrome ( unless it was removed in away that didn't leave any marks) but the aluminum may have been polished. I live in Japan so sending it to be refurbished is not an option anyone know where i can order parts? The things i have figured out so far is the coin escalator does not work at all the place you drop the coins is missing at least one part the very back is there but it seems to be missing some sort of spacer. I also noticed a few places that seem to be missing springs. The machine also operates with out having to put a coin in it not sure why that is. I would also like to put the jackpot back if possible and get rid of the guarantied jackpot sign as well as find the locking Indian head top that is missing. Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Daak

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:06 am

Daak:
A pix of your machine will help greatly, in determining exactly which model you have. Jennings made several variations of most
of their models, and they did have a "Club Chief" in more than one style cabinet. The Indian head casting you need for above the
jackpot, is most likely the plain one, without a lock, as you said there are small holes with rivets in them. The casting with the
lock, will be for the hand-load jackpot model, with a large hole on top. Some Nevada Club Cowboy castings had locks in them too.
I know about many of the Jennings models, from buying & selling them in the past, but not as much as some other experts on this
Forum. So hopefully one of them will post some additional info as well.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Daak » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:09 am

I will do what i can to get photos posted i always seen to have problems making them small enough to post
Daak

Postby Daak » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:19 pm

here are a few photos to help with ID of the slot i have.
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
attachment]
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1349.JPG
Daak

Postby Daak » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Slot photos 2.jpg
the lighting is completely missing
IMG_1362.jpg
here is the serial number the number is also hand written on the inside of the case.
IMG_1359.jpg
all the springs are missing from this area.
IMG_1358.jpg
this part seems to be in very good shape.
IMG_1357.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg
the spacer for the coin slot is missing

here are a few close ups as well as a few problems i have id already.
Daak

Postby Daak » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:18 pm

slot tokens.jpg
various tokens that where inside my slot machine when i got it.
when i got my slot it was full of token from various bases around japan. I have seen other tokens on ebay for $20.00 on ebay not sure if the are worth that much but if any one is interested please let me know any extra cash i can get for them will give me extra cash to put into the restoration so far i think I am looking at about $600.00 to get it put back they way i would like to see it (i,e putting the original lighting back in and finding the jackbot mec back plus a few other odds and ends.
Daak

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions