Jennings Challenger

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Challenger

Postby TheFatman » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:09 am

I have got most of the machine working but am having a few switch issues. I know I am close but, never worked on one, I am in discovery mode. The switches on the rear of the reel mech look like mostly open and closed, but there is a couple that could be make and break and make again on the other side of the switch. Not that I dont like the challenge of discovering and fixing, It would be a help. Every time I get close, the coin in relay stays energized and it now free playing. When I get that to act right, a simple 2 cherry payout keeps resetting and empties out the tubes.
I have a friend sending me what documentation he has but I could also use some personal info if someone has it or some pics of the back of the mech at rest and at the start of the spin, switches position on the back of the mech or personal experience in this repair.
I keep on hoping ... otherwise, I will still keep adjusting in what combinations I can see possible. Will let yall know of the progress and what I find. I guess it is not a really sought after machine. Except by me .... wanted one of these and a Paces Reels for a long time. I am halfway there. If anyone has paperwork on this machine, I would appreciate any and all help, along with a copy.
Dave F
TheFatman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions