Old Aristocrat stuck arm

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Old Aristocrat stuck arm

Postby oliver4116 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 am

Hi all i have an old Aristocrat 10 cent machine (Hot Reels from the 70,s or 80,s, when i bought it had a stuck arm. i have tried everything that i know which isnt much, and it isnt a stuck coin, i was told that the arm can lock if it is pulled to hard (dont know if that is true or not) and that it can be reset but with what i know, i cant see any way to reset that arm, i have removed the coin spinner cover to take out the coins that were in the spinner, and because the arm is in that position stuck halfway i cant pull/slide out the mechanics of it as you should be able to do.

Any help, info, ideas or pointed to the right direction would be greatly appreciated

I have added a Photo which sows the metal piece above the coin spinner is in the down position and should be up till the arm is pulled but there is no way that metal piece will move to the top where it belongs
Attachments
IMG_0717.JPG
The arm stuck in posistion, it will not budge
IMG_0718.JPG
the metal piece stuck down instead of up
oliver4116

Re: Old Aristocrat stuck arm

Postby mechanic » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi I see you have an Aristocrat. First thing is to remove the mech from the cabinet and if the handle goes back to the upright position the problem is in the mech itself. There is a clamp on one side of the bottom corner of the mech that needs to be loosened and a knurled set screw on the other side that needs to be removed before pulling the mech out. The mech should pull out even though the handle is partway down.
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:03 am

Hi thanks for that info i had a good look at it this afternoon and took some more pictures, i did take out screws/bolts from either side of the tray but it is still held in place by something and only will move about .5-1 centimetre and then wont budge,i know you mentioned a clamp on one side that needs to be loosened and although i took bolts out i am not sure about the clamp you mentioned.

I have attached another few photographs so hopefully you can point me in the right direction, i guess the mech must pull out but how i dont know, i have an older Aristocrat a little earlier than this one and after taking the bolt out the mech just slides out but not this one unfortunately

thanks again for the help
cheers
Attachments
IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

I see the knurled screw on the left is out, but cant see whats behind the chute on the right. That is where the clamp should be however it may also be a screw depending on the model. the green base should be able to be lifted to clear the lip of the cabinet and should pull straight out the front. If it pulls out at the bottom but not the top check for a coin jam above the rotary escalator. Once cleared it should then pull out. Let me know how it goes. Just remembered that some have a screw going up from the bottom in front. Check that too.
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:41 am

Hi there again thanks a lot for your help, i did manage to move that chute so you get a good look at what is in there, i cant see anything else myself, but could be missing something.

I have attached another lot of photographs hopefully that will help, the green tray does lift over the edge and comes out about 1 cm then stops, i took a short video as well so you can see what happens when you jiggle the arm, it does seem to me the mech is attached to the arm, but the video will show you more and i hope the other photographs help as well, you have a much better view now the chute is out of the way.

Once again thanks for your help much appreciated
cheers

PS Will upload short video to so can see what is happening when jiggling the arm
Attachments
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0857.JPG
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 am

a couple more pics
Attachments
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:30 am

I do have a 20 second video which would probably help but cant seem to post it on here
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:15 pm

I see the screw on the right corner, that needs to be removed. That's where the clamp goes on later models. When the mech is freed you will need to get the white bearing past the starting lever, which is sitting on the bearing to be able to get it completely out. Maybe PM me with the video? Jim
mechanic

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:28 pm

oliver4116 wrote:I do have a 20 second video which would probably help but cant seem to post it on here

Upload it to YouTube and post the link.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Great thanks for the advice forgot all about you tube here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLWxL1L8al8

cheers now you can see whats going on exactly

thanks again
oliver4116

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions