Old Aristocrat stuck arm continued

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Old Aristocrat stuck arm continued

Postby oliver4116 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:57 am

Sorry thought i would start a new thread as the last one was getting, huge lol.

Well the latest is the kicker head seems to be in contact with the wheels but those reels aint moving unfortunately

Posting a video and photo soon just uploading the video to you tube, is it anything to do with the wheels being stuck somehow, the last issue and the biggest one love to get over this, thanks to continued support i am sure i will
oliver4116

Re: Old Aristocrat stuck arm continued

Postby oliver4116 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 am

Here is a picture of the kicker at least i think its the kicker
Attachments
IMG_0892.JPG
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 am

And here is the video very difficult to video at the same time as cycling the machine, its a very bad video unfortunately, but now i removed the cover i may be able to do a better video with the mech in the machine, sorry bout the quality
Hope you have some ideas
cheers and thanks
https://youtu.be/6j-owDXjtuE

really bad video, sorry
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:10 pm

Oliver The reel kicker looks fine and your right the video was rough. It looks like the reel bundle is bound up. Pull the handle down and watch the kicker it should clear the plate serrations just before it lets go. Stop pulling the handle when the kicker clears the serrations but does not cycle. You may have to do it a few times as it will cycle at times. So once you have the kicker clear the serrations STOP ! Now take your hand and spin each reel manually. Each reel should spin freely and make about 6-8 revolutions. If they dont or barely make one the bundle may need oiling as the bearing rod and hubs may not have been oiled since it was new. Also make sure the payout fingers are not rubbing on the side of the plates and the back spin lever behind the reel bundle is clearing. I agree the thread was getting long LOL. Let me know what you find out. Later Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 am

Thanks a lot jim i will do exactly as you say, hopefully will get this working in the end, i think it had been in a shed for years so you are probably right in that it needs lubrication and a bit of oil.

Also i shot this video today, it gives an awesome view of the kicker in action, but in the mean time will do as you said and hopefully be good news, will keep you informed

https://youtu.be/COLGREsnIDg

cheers
oliver4116

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:08 am

After seeing this last video, it does appear that the reels are fused together, via coagulated grease,
and lack of oil, but another thing I noticed, is that the spring on the reel kicker appears to be weak,
and is not holding the kicker-pad up long enough. Just another avenue to explore. But, as noted in a
previous comment, DO free-play the reels, to make sure they are spinning individually. Then proceed
to the stronger spring, but not too strong.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oliver4116 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 am

Hi thanks a lot for that, i will free spin the reels and see how all that goes

Just a question on getting those wheels lubricated and to get rid of any grease that has built up , would i use a general degreaser in a can, or oil, and should i use a general purpose lubricant on the reels, just not sure what to use on the wheels in terms of lubricants/oils to get them moving again if like you said they are fused together, but i guess when i free spin the reels that will give us an answer, thanks again everyone
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:21 am

Well everyone thanks all for your help, may have made progress today, starting from the first video it shows trying to freespin the reels i dont think i had much luck but these videos tell all. I lubricated most parts

Out of interest i found the last service record in the top of the machine, last serviced 5th of November 1979, lol so no wonder the reels were stuck. Also the money tray was oxidized rust here and there only light surface rust though, i am going to restore it to its former glory, well anyhow from the 1st video to the 4th here they come enjoy, lol

https://youtu.be/-ad6ub5M5hY

https://youtu.be/vQr3fSSSY44

https://youtu.be/I0PKr03Td80

https://youtu.be/QOsFu0pEWTc

Anyhow after getting to this another problem raised its head, the switch that alternates between the play now and insert coin, little piece of metal that activates and changes light to play now well that was very touch sometimes it would come on some times not. Well when i first got this machine i had the coin tray out completely and when turned on the power the play now light was off, after thinking i looked at the fuse (number 5) controls the cash tin and something else, well that fuse was blown, so i thought must have been the fact that the coin tray was out and was an incorrect circuit, so i put the tray all the way in and replaced the fuse and those lights were back in operation.
Well today cause that piece of metal was touch i put a little lubricant on it, since then its blown 4 fuses all that fuse number 5 that controls cash box ect, i dont know why its another problem maybe it will work tommorow but i dont know exactly what i did to cause this new problem must have been something though

Again thanks to all who are helping me get this machine back to its former glory, would have hated taking it to the tip, and although the fuse thing is an issue i hope a made some little progress
cheers
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Oliver looks good on the reel spin. Try putting some light oil on the bearing shaft next to the stop stars. Those are the pieces that the 4 stop arms in front go into. You will see a very thin seperation between the hubs and a dropp or two of oil there will also help speed the reels. As for the fuse check your parts you reattached for a pinched wire or the light bulb socket may have the wire stabs touching. You are 99% done !!!!!!!!!!
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks for that going to improve the wheel spin like you said, and check all the electrics again make sure that is all good and post a short video with it all working
have a great weekend thanks
oliver4116

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions