Caille Sphinx

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Caille Sphinx

Postby YourBestBet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Is anyone familiar with removing the reel bundle for a Caille slot machine? It also looks like my machine is missing hardware to trip the reserve jackpot. Anyone have pictures of the front of the mech and how the reserve is tripped?

Thanks!
CU
YourBestBet

Re: Caille Sphinx

Postby marsonion » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:51 pm

YourBestBet wrote:Is anyone familiar with removing the reel bundle for a Caille slot machine? It also looks like my machine is missing hardware to trip the reserve jackpot. Anyone have pictures of the front of the mech and how the reserve is tripped?

Thanks!
CU

I think you'll find the answer to most or all of your questions in the Coin Slot Guide #3:

http://www.crowriver.com/books/bk10803.htm

I can probably help with your reserve hardware if you post a picture of whatever is left of it.

[edited to remove stupid misstatement and add illustration 12-17-15]
Attachments
SphinxJP.jpg
Last edited by marsonion on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
marsonion

Postby altort » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 am

I am familiar with the Caille Sphinx but have not had the reel bundle out of one and I presently don't have one to look at the reserve jack pot, I recently finished restoration on a Nude Front and have four other Superiors waiting restoration, and all the reel bundles come out the same way from those so I would assume that this will apply to your machine as well, there is no conventional reel shaft as in most other slots, instead the reel bundle is sandwiched between the ''A'' frames, you will need to loosen the ''A'' frames and separate them enough to get the reel bundle out, on the top rear there is a threaded rod that will also need to come out, this rod keeps the proper distance between the "A'' frames for proper preload of the reel bundle so you will need to make note of this when you re assemble the reel bundle, I always do a complete tear down so the reel stops, kicker vertical fingers and so on I would have already removed, you will need to work around these if you choose not to remove them, if you are taking the reel bundle out to clean and lube you will need to note that on the third reel there are ball bearings, you will need to take these out to properly clean so you will get a good spin from your reels.

Here are some pictures of a Caille mech and hopefully will help you with your reel bundle, also keep in mind that Caille has made many changes from year to year and model to model so the mech pictured may have several differences from your mech, that doesn't mean that you are missing parts.
Attachments
nude10.jpg
nude9.jpg
nude7.jpg
nude6.jpg
nude5.jpg
nude4.jpg
nude3.jpg
nude2.jpg
nude1.jpg
nude.jpg
altort

Postby YourBestBet » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Very helpful altort & marsonion.

Thanks so much for this info. I'll be working on it this weekend and let you know.
YourBestBet

Postby YourBestBet » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:25 pm

I removed with reel bundle fairly easily. Thanks for the tips. See attached photos of what's left of the jackpot hardware and et me know what you think. Click the pictures to view them upright.

Thanks!
CU
Attachments
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
YourBestBet

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions