Jennings Sun Chief Questions

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Sun Chief Questions

Postby Truchaos » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 am

I have a Jennings Sun Chief which I'm restoring. I have a few questions for the experts here. Judging from the internal label, it's a Tic-Tac-Toe model with no sticker on the jackpot glass, and the case date shows 1949. I've very interested in restoring to it's original state.

1) Should the back cover (metal) have the large J stamped in the middle like other models? This one does not.
2) Should the key be a regular toothed key mechanism or the tubular type I've seen in other models?
3) The lock is missing from the cash box, should it also be a toothed style key?

Thanks for any help you can provide
Truchaos

Re: Jennings Sun Chief Questions

Postby flipper77 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:56 am

You may receive additional comments but will offer my thoughts. Primarily based on my Jennings Sweepstake with serial in 19x,xxx late forties range. Definitely should have the "J" back door. And both back door and cash box locks (locks are same physical size) are the later tubular key type.

Hope that is of assistance. Flip
flipper77

Re: Jennings Sun Chief Questions

Postby sm1116 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:06 am

The back can look like attached photo
The keys are saw tooth with Made for OD Jennings Co Chicago stamped on key
The Bar type TTT had sticker and the Super Deluxe with the words Tic Tac Toe had a payout schedule plaque
The payout for 10 lemons on 3rd reel is 87.05%
Stu
IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG
sm1116

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions