Watling Rol a Top escalator

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Watling Rol a Top escalator

Postby brotherhomecook » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I have a jam in my Watling rol a top escalator. Consulted Dave's DVD, and cleared out some obvious problems. I got the mech to unjam, but now the escalator does not rotate. The machine now operates without inserting any coin. I may have messed something up by manually rotating the escalator. I can see a coin that appears to be "staged" to drop into the next open coin slot in the escalator, but since the escalator doesn't move, the coin doesn't drop. I did try the DVD suggestion of cycling the escalator with the mech disengaged - the handle pulls, but the escalator doesn't move. Any suggestions? Thanks.
brotherhomecook

Re: Watling Rol a Top escalator

Postby gsx11r » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Hello
Photos from back and front ???? !!!!! No other way for help you !
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby watlingboy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:36 pm

The little ratchet dog on the back left of the escalator may be your problem, see picture. This part gets hung up quite frequently and will jamb the escalator. If that is it, unscrew the shoulder screw release the part and just let it hang, put the shoulder screw back in. If that is not the problem, pull out the cotter pin from the arm that connects to the escalator, see picture, pull the spider dog, see picture, to the right, this will allow the spider gear to spin freely. If it does not spin freely, the problem might be a coin jam under the tin 2nd coin return chute on the front right of the escalator.

Watlingboy
DSC06926.JPG
DSC06928.JPG
DSC06929.JPG
watlingboy

Postby brotherhomecook » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Thanks very much! I will work through your suggestions during some down time over the weekend.
brotherhomecook

Postby brotherhomecook » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks again for your suggestions. I have tried some of these suggestions, but I am reluctant to get too aggressive, as I am afraid I will do more harm than good. Anyone know a reputable slot machine mechanic in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that I could pay to get this fixed properly?
brotherhomecook

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions