I need some help my mills hi top reels stopped spinning

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

I need some help my mills hi top reels stopped spinning

Postby par4n1 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:02 pm

I heard a "different" noise and 3 or 4 pulls later the reels are barley moving. I must admit I prob played the machine a good solid 15 minutes trying to hit a big jackpot prior with zero problems. The first reel spins fairly good and then the others seem to be in neutral.
Thank you
par4n1

Re: I need some help my mills hi top reels stopped spinning

Postby mechanic » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:20 pm

It could be the reel kicker may be broken or lost a spring, same for the back spin bar could be a broken spring. worse case the reel assembly is tied up for lack of oil.
mechanic

Postby Cadence4448 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 am

Had the same problem. Dave suggested using Q-tips to clean any gunk around the clock mechanism. Used a tooth brush and Q-tips and a lot of black gunk came out. Now it runs smooth.
Cadence4448

Postby par4n1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:06 pm

All reels are now spinning and I did nothing. The Reel kicker is not broken or missing a spring. I guess I need to start cleaning. Still I cant understand how it could be binding anywhere but at the reel shaft. I've taken a pic of what I think may be the clock mechanicism. Can someone confirm if this can cause the reels not to spin,
Attachments
clock.png
par4n1

Postby par4n1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:11 pm

The more I think about I just cant see the connection between the pic and the slipping of the reels. Gotta be something else im missing..... right?
par4n1

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions