Aristocrat Elec Probs

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Aristocrat Elec Probs

Postby mechanic » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Oliver I got busy so have not been on over the weekend. #4 socket is that the one that goes to the insert coin window? It seems we are still on the right track. The other things to check are the cash tin and the reject solenoid on the mech. I'll be back tomorrow. Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Jim, glad you think we are still on the right track and hopefully it is all related to one another

Socket 4 is the one that goes to the insert coin window, testing the other stuff i havent a clue where to begin with that.

If youre busy thats okay, get to this when you can

cheers
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Oliver Sorry for the delay !! My Mom passed this past Fri 1-15. Needed a break so I got on the forum for a bit. Did you check the cash tin for some type of connection? Same with the coin reject solenoid behind the top of the escalator? Also trace the center wire of socket #4 to its next terminal and ohm the wire from the center of the socket to the terminal connection. It should read zero. Then if possible check the wire casing for it may be touching the door frame or any sign of being pinched. Does the inside handle plate have a solenoid to release the handle?
mechanic

Postby TheFatman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear of the loss my friend .... take care.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby mechanic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:28 pm

TheFatman wrote:Sorry to hear of the loss my friend .... take care.
Dave F

Thanks Dave I appreciate it!!! Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi Jim, first off i am very very sorry for your loss, doesnt matter how long it takes you to reply when ever you feel like it

Well with the machine i have been testing a few things, from that socket 4 the center wire goes to a mass of wires to the back of the machine.

Those wires on top of the escalator, there were 3 there so i tested them with no fault. I also did test the centre wire from socket 4 no fault there either, just to make sure that i am testing the right things i will send you some photographs in a day or so.

cheers

PS I have another slot machine, a jubilee 5 cent machine, very basic electrics (just lights really) it was working fine then it just stopped paying for winning combinations, just stopped dropping the coins i will take a photo of that one to, i had a good look at the mech nothing stands that could be wrong
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Oliver The jubilee should be easy to fix, take the mech out and turn it over to its side, handle side up and look where the coins come out of the coin tube 1st see if the coins are are side ways in the slides if so you need to remove the tube and remove all the coins from the slides and put it all back once cleared. 2nd If you see the hole is covered by metal and no coins can be seen, the safety slide engaged. Take your finger or small screw driver and push it to the back until it clicks back into place. It may engage again if bumped. 3rd there is on many mechanisms a coin/token lockout hook by the vertical pay fingers that keeps the fingers from going through the pay plates. It needs to be deactivated if it is on your mech. 4th The reset is not pushing the slides far enough forward for the 5th click to engage so the mech is stuck on the last payout and wont reset. Let me know what you find. TTYL Jim PS Services this time next week will be busy. Thanks
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:52 am

Hi Jim thanks for getting back to me, fully understand if you are not on here for a few days

thank for the help with the jubilee, it was played a lot before the problem. my first thoughts was a jam in the coin tube but i will get onto it tommorow or so. Will give you some more info about the aristocrat and take a few pics as to what i have been up to so far.

cheers
take it easy
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:17 am

Hi Jim hope that you are well, with the jubilee machine you were spot on with that, i took the tube off and just like you said a 5 cent piece was lodged sideways therefore jamming the slider, took it out put back together works like a dream, so thank you very much with that and you were right it was a very easy fix

With the Aristocrat have a few Photographs to show what i have been up to, with the first picture i tested the 3 wires there and none came up with a fault, but wanted to check with you to see if i am testing them right, i put one lead on the wire and the other on the metal frame, if i am doing it right they came up with no fault, but bit worried if i am doing the testing right with that one.

The other Photo shows the center wire of socket 4 and how it goes back to a whole pile of wires at the rear of the machine, and then upwards to the top of the machine where the fuses are. Again i am not sure wether i am testing that wire right, should i be putting one lead on the wire and the other lead on the frame or something i am not to sure, i guess we are trying to follow the short from socket 4 and am worried i am not testing that wire correctly.

Well i will leave it with you when you have a minute, good result with the jubilee so thanks again
Attachments
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Oliver Congrats on the Jubilee. I am still busy with the memorial services which will be this Friday. After we can get back to the Aristocrat. Later Jim
mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions