JP operation

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

JP operation

Postby Cadence4448 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Dear Dave,

After I remove the main mechanism, I pushed the jackpot locking lever forward until it latched. The JP door was then fully closed. After I reinserted the mechanism, the door moved open about a half inch. When I put a nickel in and pulled the handle, the door initially closed again, then moved open a half inch as the wheels stop. ????

Regards,

Ralph
Cadence4448

Re: JP operation

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 pm

There are two different types of jackpot trip levers. Sounds like you may havethewrong type for themachinethat you have. One type is tripped by the top jackpot slide and the other is tripped by a lever just above the payoutslidesthat is moved by the top payout slide. There is also two different types of jackpot slides. One has a pin that is longer than the other type.
oldslotman

Postby TheFatman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

There is also a chance that the JP is just barely locking when you push the lever and re-inserting the mech can trigger it. Does the JP arms all move freely and lock well? As you re-insert the mech, try to look inside with a light to see what is making contact with the locking arm.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby Cadence4448 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Dear Dave

As I push the mech in, something is hitting during that last half inch or so. It pushes the lower jackpot door open slightly. can't seem to see what is hitting what.

Ralph
Cadence4448

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm

The best way to see what is happening is to remove the top casting and then you can see what is happening. Once the top casting is removed it is easy to see what is happening and you can still cycle the machine tom see what is going on. Only four bolts hold the top casting on.
oldslotman

Postby altort » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:33 am

Mills jack pot/reserve jack pot could be a bit of a pain, on the side of the jack pot assembly there should be a lever that keeps the jack pot from tripping when the mech is pulled out, that could be missing or miss adjusted.
I find the best way to look at the inner working of the mech, whether be the jack pot linkage or other areas not easily view able when the mech is in the cabinet is a borescope, they are now relatively cheap on ebay and come in real handy in situations like your.
altort

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions