mills back door question

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

mills back door question

Postby pj waelti » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Curious as to what door I have and what it fits. I own a nickel gooseneck with a pace jackpot conversion on it. The backdoor is a steel frame with a wooden center panel mounted to it. It looks looks like it could be original but It is the only one I have. My other machines all have steel doors. Any help would be appreciated. PJ
pj waelti

Re: mills back door question

Postby mechanic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Hey PJ how goes things? The door you have is for a Mills COK or earlier. It should have a complete inner frame of oak and the center panel. Similar to the side of a Jennings Operators bell, frame and a center panel. Some people took a piece of plywood and slapped it to the metal frame without the rest of the wood and thats not right for a Mills but is for some other companies.
mechanic

Postby pj waelti » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Jim, Things are good.. Just trying to figure out a few slot things I know nothing about. My door has just a piece of wood, not a raised panel type insert. Most likely was broken into at some point? I finally got my columbia working about 95percent or better. Now onto the sega that fedex demolished..Thanks for the info.. PJ
pj waelti

Postby mechanic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Hey PJ Don't you just hate it when you buy something nice then USPS, UPS, FEDEX ETC. break out the gorilla's and destroy your item. I had a very rare Watling I found in England that was in excellent unrestored condition and when it arrived the whole front was damaged and some pieces were lost. Still looking for a pic or something that I can copy the missing parts. Is the Sega the early version that looks like a Mills Hitop? I have a few pieces of both style mech parts. LATER.
mechanic

Postby pj waelti » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 pm

The damage was caused by fedex people that packed the machine. They packing was comparable to a bowing ball wrapped with a newspaper in a garbage can. On the bright side they paid for the whole thing and I still have the machine. The machine is a newer type like a monaco or something? It has a mechanical jackpot and pays on the 7's any combo. I'm just glad it wasn't my holy grail machine..
pj waelti

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions