New Bonus Project

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: New Bonus Project

Postby mechanic » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:24 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Now that's what I call ORIGINAL! But that color looks like it may have come from the Wonka Factory.
This project will make for some really good 'before & after' shots. Good luck.

Just so as not to be confused, if it was a true Wonka Factory Machine it would be more of a dark chocolate brown color with a Cream White almost Cashew color!! Yum!!!!!!! Now I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!!
mechanic

Postby oldslotman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Just remember it's only paint. Very easy to change. No other parts were changed or modified. I believe the reel strips are still the original. Had to add a Mills lock on back door. Very nice playing machine. Maybe someday it will find it's true colors.
Last edited by oldslotman on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 am

oldslotman wrote:Project completed. Now have a silver and gold set.
IMG_2064.JPG

Wow! Turned out Great. Nice job. Sure a big difference from when it was found. :D
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldslotman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 am

Grandkids love playing these. Now they won't have to fight over just one machine. Our grandkids are the future. Hopefully they will carry on the passion for playing these machines and collecting them in the future. I hope to leave at least one machine to each of my kids and grandkids.
oldslotman

Postby Luckasaurus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:23 am

oldslotman wrote:Grandkids love playing these. Now they won't have to fight over just one machine. Our grandkids are the future. Hopefully they will carry on the passion for playing these machines and collecting them in the future. I hope to leave at least one machine to each of my kids and grandkids.

That's absolutely awesome. Please pass this on to your grandkids, and hopefully they'll pass them onto their kids. I'm 18 and it makes me so sad to look around and see what my generation is interested in. Cheap made in China crap that you use a couple of times, throw away when it stops working, and buy another.

What you sir, and everyone else here does is an art, keeping the true meaning of "Made in U.S.A" alive. Pass on everything you know to your grandchildren or else this could easily be a lost art.

Beautiful work
Luckasaurus

Postby mechanic » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I have a friend who has one silver top with silver metal flake and burgundy bottom with silver metal flake and a spot light above. I very nice playing machine but that paint job ---- WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
mechanic

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 am

Luckasaurus:
First of all, Welcome to our Forum Group. Wow! 18 yrs old, and taking a liking to our hobby, with a positive outlook.
We need more like you. Otherwise these machines won't survive through another generation. Then again, if any of us
believes in reincarnation, they may still be here when we come back! #-o

Yes, I agree, about 98% of the younger generation of today, has absolutely No interest in the History and preservation
of things from 'the-good-ole-days'. The only new invention that I ever had an interest in, was the computer, and that
was not immediately. It does make things much easier, and quicker. Sorta makes me wonder how I got along without it.
Everything today, revolves around total electronics. You can't go ANYWHERE now, without seeing the majority, with
their damn face buried in their iPhone, texting. My grand-kids are on them 24/7. When they are on their iPads, with a
headset, they don't even put them down long enough to visit the bathroom. Sad! Now I suppose, if our generation of
today, does start collecting things, it will be Antique RARE iPhones, iPads, and the like! :lol:

I do have to ask, being as you looked into our Forum: Do you have an interest in collecting coin-op? Hopefully you have
already started, and if you have read through many of our threads, you should know by now, that you will receive a
good amount of help, should any problems arise. Just don't be too hasty in forking over your hard-earned cash for a
Repro, or a Fake. They are out there by the droves, just waiting for a Newbie, to get snookered.
Good luck, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions