Imp Gumball Trade Stimulator

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Imp Gumball Trade Stimulator

Postby cfdh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:47 am

New to the forum and new to the hobby. Recently acquired an Imp Gumball trade stimulator, in "rough" working condition - all pieces/parts seem to be there. As a new owner looking to get this device working properly what do I need to know (i.e. replacing springs, lubricating the mechanism, adjusting the pump, etc)? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
cfdh

Re: Imp Gumball Trade Stimulator

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi:
Welcome to our Forum. Happy to help you with whatever I can. If you can send me a couple of pix
of your machine, and the mechanism, it will help me to see if anything is out of place. The machine
itself is pretty simple, and many times, the pump may be the problem. Send pix, and your phone #,
to my direct e-mail, at (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net), and we'll take it from there.
Bill

Additionally: If you are going to be needing replacement reel strips, try and refrain from purchasing
them from the seller on eBay, with the 'sticky-back' repros. I have never seen them personally, but
from what I have heard from other collectors, they are "CRAP", and some have sent them back. This
person bought both, (cigarette & fruit) sets from me a few years ago, and copied mine, to list them
on eBay, for $13.99 plus $2.99 shipping. Mine have always been $10.00 per set postpaid. He has also
re-copied the "Imp" cigarette strips, and changed the IMP name at the bottom, to read CUB, which is
a Daval machine, that has some different brands of cigarettes, and will not match-up with the "Cub"
award card. He obviously didn't know this, when he did it, and unfortunately has snookered buyers
with his Greediness, ripping off collectors for a few lousy bucks. :^o
These Clowns, ruin the hobby for all of us, and fit in the same category as the Vegas Butcher.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby cfdh » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks Bill. I'll send you some pics. I really appreciate the help.
cfdh

Postby cfdh » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations regarding the proper size springs for the mechanism in this machine? Thanks in advance.
cfdh

Postby mrslot1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:14 am

I sell complete Imp spring sets, email me at mrslot1@aol.com
thanks Dave
mrslot1

Postby cfdh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 pm

I am on my way to getting this machine restored - thanks to MrSlot1 for a new spring set. Any suggestions for where I might find a replacement lock? I haven't been able to find one that works yet. Thanks in advance.

Darren
cfdh

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions