So I just got my Mills Vest Pocket jammed...

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

So I just got my Mills Vest Pocket jammed...

Postby rilaw » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Just rolled two cherries and a plum, no payout.... Dropped another nickle in, pulled out... Stuck, halfway.... Tried pulling hard, no go..... Where do I go from here?
rilaw

Re: So I just got my Mills Vest Pocket jammed...

Postby marsonion » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 pm

rilaw wrote:Just rolled two cherries and a plum, no payout.... Dropped another nickle in, pulled out... Stuck, halfway.... Tried pulling hard, no go..... Where do I go from here?

Had a similar problem not too many weeks ago... check this little SOB doohickey, which endures a lot of fore-and-aft mechanical interactions, so the damn screw that holds it in place can come undone by itself and then the little POS tab can hang loose or fall off and jam up the entire gizmo. :evil:
Attachments
doohickey.jpg
marsonion

Postby radiorich123 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 am

HI

This is a problem with jamming on the vest pockets. I find using worn nickels work best. Looks like you may have a nickel jam on the bottom of the coin tube.Try turning the machine upside down and remove the jam in the tube.Hope this helps you. Any body have other ideas ?

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby rilaw » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 am

radiorich123 wrote:HI

This is a problem with jamming on the vest pockets. I find using worn nickels work best. Looks like you may have a nickel jam on the bottom of the coin tube.Try turning the machine upside down and remove the jam in the tube.Hope this helps you. Any body have other ideas ?

Rich

Thank You Sir! Turned it upside down and gave it a shake, coin mech came out a little, but not fully. Turned over again and shook her good, bunch of nickles fell out and slide returned to normal. Played a few and she paid out correctly. Thanks again!
rilaw

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions