Mills Vest Pocket Restoration

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Vest Pocket Restoration

Postby millslot » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm

So I have taken the whole machine apart for cleaning and the vertical rod stuck into the base will not come out. I've tried using a lot of PB blaster on it, etc. but its not moving...anyone here ever taken this piece out before? I cant tell if its threaded into the base like a screw or press fit? I have no clue. Any tips would be much appreciated!!
Attachments
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
millslot

Re: Mills Vest Pocket Restoration

Postby GEM » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:03 pm

The rod is pressed in, but they usually come out very easy by tapping on the bottom with a punch. Why would you want to take it off? Good luck, George.
GEM

Postby millslot » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks for the response! I am completing a college senior project, that involves taking the machine apart and solid modeling each of the components.
millslot

Postby damikeguy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:16 am

What format will the files be in? Can they be made available for others?
Mike
damikeguy

Postby millslot » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:17 pm

The program is solidworks...I suppose they could be made available, but I dont foresee this project ever being fully complete for a very long time. The accuracy will be the biggest issue, since im not 3d scanning, the files will never be as precise as they should be. Im doing this more as a test of skill than anything.
millslot

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:09 am

millslot:
Please keep us, (or at least me), informed, with photos, as to how your project is going. I am always interested
in anything to do with coin-op. Being as you are using a Mills "Vest Pocket" for your project, this fits right in with
our hobby. It gets rather boring out here in 'Forum-Land', from time to time, when we are looking at the same ole
things over-and-over. Especially when we are bitching about all the "Golden Magget", and "War Beagle" Fakes, that
are snookering buyers on a daily basis. And yes, not to leave out the many Fake, Bogus, and Phoney made-up versions
of trade stimulators, that have been coming out of the well-known Vegas Butcher Shop! :x
Cheers, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby millslot » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Yeah will do! I video recorded the whole process of tearing it down and plan on doing it again when I put it back together, I figured ill eventually throw it up on youtube if anyone out there wanted the info on it.

I have actually been on this forum for a while but took a few years off. I have to imagine i'm one the youngest people on here (anyone ever done a poll for age?) since I got into this hobby at 16 by restoring a hightop (thanks to your videos Dave!)
millslot

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions