Track Reels Trade game Play????

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Track Reels Trade game Play????

Postby mrblatzman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am

I have just finished up my Daval Track Reels Trade Stimulator...It turned out great and has seen very little use...But...I don't understand the game play..There are and never were any award card or instructions...There is a knob on the front that the player can select numbers from 1 to 11...When coin is inserted and handle operated the first reel...left one...has a shutter that hides it...it is the winner or number reel, again 1 thru 11....Reels stop..center reel shows position such as win, place, show and the 3rd reel says odds....Now the selector knob on the front has to be turned either direction, and on the first increment in either direction the first or winner reel uncovers and the 3rd reel, odds has a shutter that covers it...Game is over..How could the player or bartender ever figure out what happened and where the selector knob started out...Maybe this is the reason there are so few of this model...it was just a dud on location...If anyone has one that works differently or understands what the game is about, please share with me...Thankyou Bob Reno in Alabama
mrblatzman

Re: Track Reels Trade game Play????

Postby tg2722 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 pm

DEAR SIR
PLEASE CALL TOM AT 314 220 7941
tg2722

Postby altort » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi I have a Track reels and this is the way it's played, maybe I am misunderstanding your description of operation, when you turn the knob at the bottom to select one of eleven horses, the shutter on the far right closes, this is so a player cant change their selection to the winning horse after the play, once the coin is inserted and the machine is played a shutter will momentarily cover the the reel on the far left and the shutter on the far right will drop down, when all the reels come to a stop if the horse played is visible on the far left reel, lets say horse #3, the center reel will display win, place or show, the reel on the far right will display your winnings with win on top, place in the center and show at the bottom, the numbers on the top are the odds or how much you will win for your bet, in this case the odds are 8 to win and that's how much you win, this machine is a multi coin machine you can play from 1¢ to 25¢ so if you played 5¢ you would win 40¢.
Hope this helps you
Attachments
7777.jpg
777.jpg
altort

Postby mrblatzman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks for your reply...I also heard directly from another member and his does not have a shutter on the first reel...His and your game play make sence...I must have something back together wrong when I had the shutters out...When I push handle the first reel shutter closes and stays closed...The third reel shutter opens and stays open.After reels stop if I turn knob first shutter opens and third shutter closes...My machine came brown...Im 110% sure of that and have seen both green and brown versions...The number stamped into the back base face on mime is 2155...I really don't think anywhere near that number were produced of this model...This one has a swivel base....Im going to get back in there and see if I can determine what I might have done incorrectly to make the first shutter close and stay closed...Thinking back I do remember a spring that went either over or under a shaft and I struggled with that for a time and maybe that is opposite from how it should be....UGH...It may be a day or so, but if I figure it out I will post what I find...Thanks to all...Bob
mrblatzman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi Bob:
Thanks for the serial number. I didn't have yours on file as yet. How about the rest of you. Do I have them?
I have no way to look it up, without knowing the number first. All mfr. serials are filed by number, not machine name.

As for the amount of a certain model manufactured by Daval, we will never know that, unless some company records
happen to miraculously show up. Most Daval serials are all intermingled with one another, depending how they came
off the assembly line. Six of this model, Four of that model, etc., etc. The only models that are in closer order, are
the few in the final years of production, like the "Free Play". After Daval sold out to Comet Industries, they never made
any effort, to continue numbering the machines. One 'for-instance' would be the Daval "Comet". If it has a serial, and a
smooth paint job, it was built by Daval. No serial, and wrinkle paint, it was after Comet Ind. took over the line. Also,
most all Comet Ind. issues were done in wrinkle paint. One example, are the "Ace" & "Cub" models, in either 1c or 5c play,
and were usually painted in Hammertone colors, which were only Daval. Comet Industries did continue that model, but
re-named it "King", in 10c play, and were painted wrinkle blue. I found a "King" many years ago, but have never heard of
any others. Do any of our Forum members have one?
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrblatzman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:37 pm

I have heard from the gentleman who first said his example did not have a shutter on the 1st reel.....and after closer examination it does have that shutter..His machine came in brown too....Bob
mrblatzman

Postby mrblatzman » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 pm

I took the Track Reels back apart today and reversed the spring on the first reel shutter to the opposite side of the shaft...The machine now works as designed and has pretty neat game play when it is assembled and working as designed...I appreciate everyones help if figuring out what was wrong...Thanks and Kind Regards Bob
mrblatzman

Postby coinops » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Bill,

I had a Comet King, but sold it on eBay in 2001. Looking back, it was not a good decision, but it seemed like a good idea at the time...

-Al

king1a.jpg
king1a.jpg (17.55 KiB) Viewed 5525 times

king1b.jpg
king1b.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
coinops

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 am

coinops wrote:Bill,

I had a Comet King, but sold it on eBay in 2001. Looking back, it was not a good decision, but it seemed like a good idea at the time...

-Al

Oh No! Bummer! Bad idea! Do you remember who bought it? I can also look back in my ebay files, to see if I made a note of it.
At that time, buyers userID's showed up. Well, this makes two. Any more? Mine is shown on page 160, of the Bueschel-Bible. It's
shown without the front coin door, but I have it.
Come to think of it, Groetchen also had an odd late model "Imp", called an "Atom". There are several of them known.

king1a.jpg

king1b.jpg
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions