Aristocrat Elec Problems continued

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Aristocrat Elec Problems continued

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Jim well i tested all the wires on that cable and like you said the green wire which looks like the earth wire does come up with a fault.

most of the others wires come up with a reading in the 400,s or 600,s, there are 3 wires that the multimeter does not move off of 1

here are some pictures of what i was testing, so not to sure where to go from here

cheers
Attachments
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Oliver The connector seems to be OK !!! Test the other connector on the mech the same way. You should not get a fault except for the earth wire. If one of the pins shows a fault you will need to trace the wire to its next connection. Have you put the lights back together? They are done ! The fault seems to lie on the mech at this point. Happy Testing!!!!!!! Later Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:55 am

Hi Jim hope all is well, i have taken a photo here of the end that the cable i tested plugs in to. the plug is recessed into the machine cabinet how it comes out is anyones guess, lol i certainly dont know

Anyway here are the results of the pins that i tested, going from top to bottom

Pin 1 registers at 0.00
Pin 7 registers at 0.00

all other pins ok and dont move off 1 on the multimeter

I am hoping thats good news indicating that the fault lies somewhere on the other side of that connector, if i have to take that connector out to look at the wires how do i do that, lol sorry my inexperience shines through again

well i am feeling very optomistic now and a big thanks to you
talk soon
cheers
Attachments
IMG_1269.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Oliver It looks like either 1 or 7 is where the problem lies. To take the plug off there should be at least two screws in the back holding it onto the mech. remove them making sure they go back exactly as they were taken off so as not to incur another short. Have you put the lights and sockets back together? Tracing the wires on the mech should be a lot easier than in the cabinet. Keep up the good work. Later Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi Jim, well i kind of screwed things up a little bit, i took the mech out of the cabinet and was testing that plug, well with the multimeter probes, you know the gold contacts inside the plug that are on the bottom i pushed the golden contact through the bottom of the plug accidentally and it dissapeared through the bottom of the connector.

Also with that the other plug that plugs into the cabinet, there is one very lose contact that i didnt notice before and that looks like it will nearly fall out moves quite a bit

So i well and truly made life a lot harder with that machine, there are shorts that were not there before as well sigh

I am not sure what the next move is now i actually wonder if i should replace both the plugs, just a thought but i dont think i would be to good at that anyway as there is soldering and so forth, maybe i have to just suffer the cost and get an electrician as you see i am not to good at it and sometimes am not careful and rush things

talk soon
cheers
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:13 pm

I believe those pins can be pushed back in from the back. If not then the plug may have to be replaced if it cant be repaired. Keep me informed.
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi Jim thanks for that, i am going to have a really good look at both those connectors and take a step back, and start with the main connector that plugs into the mechanism and check for any or all faults, i do tend to jump in so i will take it nice and slow and not panic, lol or try not to panic.
So i will report what probs i find with the main connector, the connectors are funny like different faults with the mech in and out of the machine, but i will take it very slow and take some video maybe so show you exactly whats going on and then report back to you

thanks talk soon
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Oliver How's it going on the Aristocrat. Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi Jim, i took a break from that machine for a little while

I got the cruise tommorow so was kind of preparing for that as well, with that machine will get into it again when i get home. I am on the ship for 9 days

Thanks for the reminder and talk to you when i get home

cheers
oliver4116

Postby oliver4116 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 am

Hi Jim sorry its been a while hope you are well, i was recovering from holiday mode.

Well back to the machine, i took another pic seems from last time there are faults on both connectors and last time i also pushed the bottom gold contacts out and have to try fix that, well anyhow which cable should i start investigating and where do you think i should start with that, i could start with the cable in the mech, pull the whole mech out of the machine and start tracing faults there, or the cable in the cabinet any idea where to start, i am going to be very careful with what i do otherwise i just make things worse unfortunately, lol

so talk later
cheers
Attachments
IMG_1354.JPG
oliver4116

PreviousNext

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions