Aristocrat Elec Problems continued

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Aristocrat Elec Problems continued

Postby mechanic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:46 am

Oliver Hi !!! Seen the message a few days ago. How was the cruise? I would have gotten back to you sooner but I have been fighting a cold I acquired at the slot machine convention 2 weeks ago, it just does not want to go away. So on to the project. So far we know the cabinet is not necessarily the problem until you insert the mech and connect the plug. Take the mech out completely and start testing the wire ends at the switches on the mech. Put one lead of the tester on the frame of the mech then the other lead to each wire terminal on the switch. All the terminals should be isolated and no shorts should be present. If you test and it goes to short then most likely you have found the problem. Have you fixed the plug yet? Give me a update. Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Jim hows things, the cruise was good thanks always happy to get home though. Sorry to hear about your cold we are going into winter here now i have been lucky with colds so far.

Well with the machine, i was testing the connector on the mech i pulled the mech out from the cabinet. this plug is the one that i was talking to you about me pushing the contacts out you can see them on the pic the ones that are missing, it still registers 2 shorts, 1 short at either end of the connector, i think it had those faults before i messed up the contacts. So i am not sure about this one, maybe those contacts i messed up are not needed i am not sure will see what you think, if it wasnt for soldering a new connector on i would go that way but that seems very difficult well for me anyhow

well talk soon
cheers
Attachments
IMG_1429.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi Oliver Try doing the mech before the plugs. It seems the only time the fuse blows is when the mech is plugged in. With the mech out nothing happens to the fuse. Do the test on the mech I mentioned earlier, there should be no faults when testing the wire ends to the mech frame. If so then that may be where the fault lies. Give it a go and let me know. Later Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:31 am

Hi Jim, well i have pulled the mech out now and just testing the connector, as you can see by the photo the plug tested shorts on the 1st pin and the last pin

also the connector which is missing the couple of the bottom contacts is this one, you can see in the photo pretty clearly

anyhow see what you can make of it all

cheers
Attachments
IMG_1438.JPG
oliver4116

Postby mechanic » Sat May 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Oliver Sorry for the delay, I was not aware it was my turn. Any updates? Have you checked the connections behind the escalator to the chassis? Same for the coil below the escalator and any other terminals on the mech to the chassis. All should have no faults as they should be isolated. Any that reads a fault you need to mark. Hope your well Later Jim
mechanic

Postby oliver4116 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:03 am

Hi Jim, i am sorry being a little late, heaps of things happening here lately, dad hasnt been well but all is good now

Well with the Mech i pulled it out and tested all of it. All tested fine on the Mech, well all except the cable as pictured above, the pins on the cable fault at either side, also tested the rear wires coming from the pin and they fault also.

So 2 faults all up in the connector (This is the cable i pushed the pins out by accident think you can see it in post above) so maybe there is the fault not to sure

anyhow hope you are well

talk soon
oliver4116

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions