Sega Slot Payout Problem

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Sega Slot Payout Problem

Postby superbird70 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Hello,

I just purchased an early Sega Diamond 3 Star machine which seems to have a Mills-like mechanism. The machine works perfectly except that it does not pay out for a single or double cherry (2 and 5 coins, respectively). Wondering what can be done to fix this problem, I am new to antique slots.

When I took the mechanism out of the cabinet and tried to spin on 2 cherries manually, I did receive the 5 coin payout but only after I tilted the mechanism backward, leading me to believe a spring might be missing.

Any help is appreciated.
superbird70

Re: Sega Slot Payout Problem

Postby mechanic » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm

First check the bottom where the coins come out, there is a thin slide that when engaged prevents the coins from dropping through. The slide should be very close or dead center of the opening. If it slide back then the safety lock is not working. The spring that keeps the tension on the thin slide is not there when the spring is missing or stretched. Second there are a set of wertical fingers that closest to the back, the first is the one that senses the cherry pay. It then hits the horizontal levers that hold the slides in place moving them away from the slides allowing the slide to move back and drop the coins. If the vertical finger does not move the horizontals out of the way then the vertical fingers may be out of adjustment. Check by watching the lower left corner of the mechanism in back and see if the finger is moving the levers.
mechanic

Postby mechanic » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Another possibility is the 5th click bar which keeps the main slide in position is not engaging. This sits directly behind the slide stack at the bottom. You can watch it by putting a flash light in the back and watching if it engages. Good Luck !!!
mechanic

Postby oldslotman » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:56 pm

superbird70 wrote:Hello,

I just purchased an early Sega Diamond 3 Star machine which seems to have a Mills-like mechanism. The machine works perfectly except that it does not pay out for a single or double cherry (2 and 5 coins, respectively). Wondering what can be done to fix this problem, I am new to antique slots.

When I took the mechanism out of the cabinet and tried to spin on 2 cherries manually, I did receive the 5 coin payout but only after I tilted the mechanism backward, leading me to believe a spring might be missing.

Any help is appreciated.

You should post your location, city and state. There maybe someone in your area that could help you. Just a suggestion.
oldslotman

Postby superbird70 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks for your help. I fixed the machine, the trap door slide was not engaging fully. Appreciate the suggestions.
superbird70

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions