Jennings Operator Bell

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Jennings Operator Bell

Postby md171 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 am

I'm guessing the would have been on the original front panel, correct?
md171

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm

md171 wrote:I'm guessing the would have been on the original front panel, correct?

The deferred-pay assembly is attached to the front area of the mechanism. When you remove
the front panel, you would see the feature. The only thing that would have been on the front
panel, would be the tiny window to see the numbers through. The original panel that would
have been on yours, may have been either a casting, or wood. There were many different
configurations of the "Operator Bell" series, as well as revamps, so it is not easy to determine
what yours may have originally been, because of the home-made parts, and changes that were
done over the years. Even though your machine appears to be mostly original, it could still
have other issues that can only be seen in numerous photos, or looked at in person.
I can also post a pix of a deferred-pay mechanism later, when I get back to the shop, as I don't
have a pix in this computer to attach.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby md171 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:05 am

Thank you all for all the great information and helping me to understand what it is I have! Found some pics in the internet but something from more of an expert would be appreciated. I'm sure there are many reasons why someone along the line would choose to loose the original mechanism and front/rear panels. Hard to understand but maybe ther were damaged beyond repair somehow and not just arbitrarily removed.

Anyway thanks again!
md171

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions