Good source for custom silkscreening

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Good source for custom silkscreening

Postby Stefan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Anyone here have a good reliable source for custom silk screening? I have been searching for a replacement 5 cent plaque as the original looks like someone used steel wool on it and it is damaged beyond restoration. I would be looking for someone who can recreate the metal and the silk screen logo. Here is a picture of the old one.
Thank you for any help provided.
Attachments
IMG_3115.jpg
Stefan

Re: Good source for custom silkscreening

Postby Stefan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Of course I would be open to any recommendations on how the scratches could be removed from this one as well.
Stefan

Postby oldslotman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Stefan wrote:Of course I would be open to any recommendations on how the scratches could be removed from this one as well.

Buff them out. It should work.
oldslotman

Postby mrslot1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 am

email me at mrslot1@aol.com

thanks Dave
mrslot1

Postby marsonion » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

Stefan wrote:Anyone here have a good reliable source for custom silk screening? I have been searching for a replacement 5 cent plaque as the original looks like someone used steel wool on it and it is damaged beyond restoration. I would be looking for someone who can recreate the metal and the silk screen logo. Here is a picture of the old one.

Not sure of course, but this denomination tag doesn't look to me like silkscreen-on-metal. It appears to be stamped in very low-relief. I'd consider following oldslotman's advice to buff or polish out most of the scratches, then repaint the recessed areas using this method:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4249

(If I have it wrong, just ignore this post.) :wink:
marsonion

Postby Stefan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:15 pm

oldslotman wrote:
Stefan wrote:Of course I would be open to any recommendations on how the scratches could be removed from this one as well.

Buff them out. It should work.

I was hoping that was the case, what would your recommend for buffing? Some of these scratches are pretty deep.
Stefan

Postby Stefan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:16 pm

marsonion wrote:
Stefan wrote:Anyone here have a good reliable source for custom silk screening? I have been searching for a replacement 5 cent plaque as the original looks like someone used steel wool on it and it is damaged beyond restoration. I would be looking for someone who can recreate the metal and the silk screen logo. Here is a picture of the old one.

Not sure of course, but this denomination tag doesn't look to me like silkscreen-on-metal. It appears to be stamped in very low-relief. I'd consider following oldslotman's advice to buff or polish out most of the scratches, then repaint the recessed areas using this method:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4249

(If I have it wrong, just ignore this post.) :wink:

Yes it is stamped and I will definitely try this if I can get the deep scratches out, thanks for the link!
Stefan

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions