Pace Comet Payout Slide Stop Lever

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Pace Comet Payout Slide Stop Lever

Postby Tom Stansel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 am

Help! I am having a problem with my 5 cent Pace Comet slot machine. The payout slide stop leaver (5th Click Timing Dog) is sometimes not engaging the slides (Steel slide for 2 coin payout) and not holding the payout-slides out from the horizontal payout levers. Therefore winning combinations are sometimes not being paid. This only occurs occasionally. The payout slide re-set pushlever seems to be working OK. I have cleaned and lubricated the dog and its associated parts and all springs are in place and seem to be working. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom Stansel

Re: Pace Comet Payout Slide Stop Lever

Postby Rick B » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Had this problem with mine and there was dirt and oil on the pay out slides besides some sticking parts throughout the machine. Cleaned everything piece by piece in Simple Green and 0000 steel wooled the pay out slides and assembled dry lubricated all other parts needed. Have you checked the pay out slides? Rick B
Rick B

Re: Pace Comet Payout Slide Stop Lever

Postby Tom Stansel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Rick,
Yes, I cleaned and used steel wool on them and put them back without any oil but it didn't help but thanks for the reply.
Tom
Tom Stansel

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions