IGT slot problem

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

IGT slot problem

Postby oldguy65 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Have IGT Triple Dollars Slot machine. Has date stamps inside from 1986, not sure if indicative of yr made or not. Has worked well for 10 years or so. Uses dollar size tokens. Grandkids play so I don't know how problem occured. Now when you turn machine on following occurs. Reels spin/stop always with 3 bars lined up. (different combinations of bars, but always 3 lined up on win line. Machine shows winner paid 3/ 9996 credits,/ 2 coins played on display. Light flashes on top / bell dings continuously and rapidly. Can't pull handle, buttons on front do nothing Coins just fall through. Hopper has coins but will not pay out. Bought from guy in Sandy or Draper Utah (sold machines from house, but I have lost info) Has error code chart but can't find anywhere that error code is displayed. Any help would be appreciated.
oldguy65

Re: IGT slot problem

Postby TheFatman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:38 am

By the sounds of it and the credits probably at a 10000 limit, it might to have a hand pay and cleared to reset it. Must of hit the 3 bars and the win was over the limit so it shut down. I dont know alot about the IGT machines but there is a whole bunch pf folks on NewLifeGames site and that what just about all of them do. You can get the definitive answer there. You might need a reset key. They can provide you with all the info you need if you dont get it here.
Dave F
TheFatman

Re: IGT slot problem

Postby Rick B » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:24 am

Don't know if this will help but mine did something similar and the hopper was jammed. I cleared it and it then paid out the rest of a big pot and went back to normal. Took me a bit to find it. Rick B
Rick B

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions