Sega-Vega machines

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Sega-Vega machines

Postby drishoff » Wed May 04, 2016 2:11 pm

On these Japanese made machines with the mills mechanism's. Has anyone heard of or have any info on the Vega machine? Inside right cabinet area on the Sega has an electronic box that the Vega is missing. Are these parts available? Half dollars and pennies work but I'm sure these are 5 pence and English large penny machines. Any input on converting these being worth the time and cost?

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG
drishoff

Re: Sega-Vega machines

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:14 am

Drishoff;
in my opinion, parts are hard to come by ,at least here in the U.S. May be in England some one sells parts but, I have no idea of who (I never found them....).
I own a Lord Sega from 1964. the parts non - Mills made seem better quality then Mills.
I needed some parts for mine ,And no one I tried to talk to had anything; Had to make my own (locks, lighting system, just minor misc.).
Mine went from England to Canada , to Arizona. the man was moving back to Canada & He was informed he couldn't bring it back into the country.

Most sold in the u.s. seem to have all the electronic / lighting systems removed (since it's not 120 volts anyhow). mine is a 6d coin ,which is close to a u.s. nickle , Except the nickle is thicker ,So it will not pay out properly.
To convert might be a bit tricky.... might have to make new parts ,specially pay out slides , ect. OR buy vintage Mills parts & switch them out. The coin escalators are totally different.

For mine I contacted 2 coin dealers in the U.K. to buy the correct coins AND still ,never got a reply back from either.

Most "collectors" here, put a very low value on any Sega made slot machine , And most advise NOT to buy one, as it will never have any future value, compared to other slots.

I guess it depends on how You like them , how handy you are (or a friend), & if you plan on keeping them. to buy / fix / resell = you'll lose money for sure.

If you have to have them, wait to others chime in & use this forum topic "as ammo." to get the price low (if possible), from the seller.

how much are they asking on them ?
I'd have to say "working condition ONLY"; top price around $300.00 / $350.00 each (yep, I paid more for mine but, I'm an idiot).

Bear in mind, if "real cheap", you can go nuts on reworking it, repainting it, changing the reel strips to other graphics, ect.,ect. ..... AND NO ONE WILL CARE !!
You can turn it into something way cool that someone Would like to buy (non- slot collector).

Finding ANY information on Segas is real tough too, forget finding any manuals.

I hope this didn't hurt......
Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Rick B » Thu May 05, 2016 4:45 am

There are a handful on Ebay lately. my father has one and I like it. They work great and perfect for everyday playing. Rick B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Sega-Slot- ... SwiYFXKPC1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-MONACO-VIN ... SwcBhWWwmf

French copy????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Lucky-T ... SwbwlXDGJR

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/clt/5513386874.html
Rick B

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:06 am

Don't misunderstand me , I find nothing wrong with any Sega slot machines, own one & I like it as much as the 17 vintage U.S. made slots I own.
but no one else seems to care for them. I like the body styles , color combinations , ect.
3 04 the 4 for sale I've seen before, been up for sale for a while now.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby drishoff » Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 am

Thanks for the input and links. I've researched the for sale and completed sales. I would still like to get some input on the Vega machine as I have been unable to find another with the Vega as part of the casting. I'm thinking take it to a Chevy Vega car Club show and the sky is the limit.. Or crate them and ship them back across the ocean. The castings on these are much thicker than the American made machines is one thing I noticed. I can get these for next to nothing but with all the coin operated machines and gas pumps I have rat holed I not sure I want more work or headaches. But then I move a couple things around and find extra shelf space. I was getting parts from Dave at DDvintage until he sold out his inventory. I am still getting parts from Dave Berten to fix a couple machines at a time. have also gotten a few things from Jerry Fluegel for trade stimulators. All have been great to deal with and free with sharing their knowledge. I'll check back and see if anyone know about the Vega. Thanks again.
drishoff

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions