Slot tech needed Harrisburg, PA

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Slot tech needed Harrisburg, PA

Postby sledworks » Fri May 06, 2016 5:49 pm

I have a neighbor with a Jennings Chief that is pretty well frozen. Should have a tear down, cleaned and lubed. Anyone in Central PA capable of doing that reasonably?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
11&15 Flea (Selinsgrove, PA)
PO Box 8
Duncannon, PA 17020
http://www.sledworks.com
717-834-9333
Like my Facebook page under Old Sled Works
sledworks

Re: Slot tech needed Harrisburg, PA

Postby TheFatman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello again ... I bought the Bally slot from you a good while age. I am in West Philly and would be willing to tackle that for him. I know there might be a distance issue. But if your stuck, let me know. I can do just about whatever is needed to get it freed up and running again. I have a Challenger and a Chief that were both in the same shape... running well now.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby sledworks » Fri May 06, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi Dave-

Good to hear from you! How's that Bally working? That was neat machine with progressive jackpot reels. Are you coming through the area anytime soon? They are older and doubt very much headed your way and prob don't want to ship it. They have grand kids who come over to play it and anxious to get it working again.
Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
PO Box 8
Duncannon, PA 17020
717-834-9333
sledworks

Postby TheFatman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Jimmy, hope all is well with you. Did you get the Jennings Cigarola machine working ok?
.... I do come thru there from time to time. I go to Atlanta to visit my kids and grands. But it is usuall a very eary hour on the way down. I am finding that I enjoy the return thru Hagerstown and thru the Harrisburg area. Which puts me close and the return is in the later part of an afternoon. I either leave Philly at 3AM or Atlanta at the same time... Dont know when I will go that way ... but if I get something from Morphy's, I will be close enough. Hope you friend doesn't consider shipping. More horror stories the happy ones. I am going t the Allentown Pinfest tomorrow and will be most of the day.
Just keep in touch and I am sure we can do something or at least I can help to give guidance to free up the mech.
Dave Fowler
TheFatman

Postby sm1116 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Call Dave at 717-228-9038. He is in Lebanon PA. Not only will he have no trouble with your or any machine, he is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. His workshop is a slice of slot machine repair heaven. One of the fringe benefits of collecting is meeting guys like Dave.
Tell him Stu sent you
sm1116

Postby sledworks » Sat May 07, 2016 4:16 am

Thanks Stu!
Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
PO Box 8
Duncannon, PA 17020
717-834-9333
sledworks

Postby sledworks » Sat May 07, 2016 4:20 am

Dave-
Cigarola seems to be ok. Haven't done much to it. Play it every so often. Really just enjoy looking at it.
Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works
PO Box 8
Duncannon, PA 17020
717-834-9333
sledworks

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions