Watlings Blue Seal jack Pot issue

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Watlings Blue Seal jack Pot issue

Postby Rick B » Thu May 19, 2016 2:50 pm

This is a pretty original machine and would like to keep it as such but want to maintain it of course. Problem is I cannot fill the jack pot. When I messed with the weight and made the moving floor stay up so coins would drop into the jackpot it only filled it with 40 nickles maybe and then I do not know where they were going as it was not dropping them. When I pulled mech out all the coins dropped out the pay out slot. Another thing that may help as stated is when I pull the whole mechanism out the jackpot open and dumps any coin. Can someone take a look at this pictures and see what spring or part is missing or out of place? Thanks,,Rick B

Rick B

Re: Watlings Blue Seal jack Pot issue

Postby Rick B » Thu May 19, 2016 5:05 pm

I am starting to think this may be real early as it has the Mint Vendor neck on it. Rick B
Rick B

Postby Rick B » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

OK I'm confused. I decided to set the reels to pay jack pot and see if the door drops. Keep in mind the Jack Pot is empty. It dropped a bunch of nickles from somewhere and I was amazed. I pulled the handle twice to see if it would rest the jack Pot door and it paid again. Very interesting. I do not see a reserve and this jack Pot is to small. This machine has me baffled. I also checked the tube right away and it was full so it didn't release them from there. Does anyone know what is missing here? Rick B

Rick B

Postby flipper77 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:43 am

Here is a picture of your missing part. This is on a Pace FOK but basically same as on Mills and Watling. This lever is the safety or lock lever for mech operation and likely you will never need it. They do show up on eBay frequently. Flip
Attachments
DSC03507.JPG
flipper77

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions