1957 Bally TARGET ROLL Piball Machine

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: 1957 Bally TARGET ROLL Piball Machine

Postby Richard13 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:28 am

Is this the machine in Arizona? It says 1937 on it pre ww2 coin op seems cheap but needs work on cabinet and graphics..

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/atq/5606085201.html

Cool looking simple machine no flippers for $375!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby oldpinguy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:38 am

It needs a lot of cosmetic work to make it close to original and I believe the legs may not be original. They look like Bingo legs to me. Those are pretty commonly found on pre-war machine when the originals are damaged or lost.

Of interest to us on this forum is that this is actually a payout machine. I asked, and the seller says the coin slicer is there and functioning. Without the payout feature in place this is a pretty boring game. You just watch the ball bounce off the springs to the bottom. It does have a TILT, you could disable and shake the Hell out of the machine to add a little more element of "skill" if you like 8)

I have more projects like this than I can handle, but if you are local and want another project .........
oldpinguy

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:59 pm

I was curious as to which pinball this was, as I was only familiar with the counter model "Skipper" by Bally.
I did a search on Craigslist, using every configuration of wording, from one end of Arizona to the other, and
came up with Nada. Now I see why. It's when people think they are being clever, by using the most famous
of all words, "RARE", or "VERY RARE", are going to draw more attention to an item, only hurt themselves by
beginning an Item Header with words like that. Other favorite words that people use as a header beginning,
is "WOW", and "LOOK". If you punch-in a word like 'Rare' on ebay, your search engine is going to bring up so
many items, that you will still be reading them til dooms-day.
Thank you Richard, for posting the item link. Your search engine is obviously better fed than mine, and I
thought that I had all the latest bells & whistles! :)
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Like I said somewhere before recovering from surgery noting to do all day and night long except dink around looking for
old slots. I found several cool old machines all over the country (including the link posted prior). That's the good news but the bad news is all from local sellers not wanting to ship want cash in hand.

Anyone from AZ driving thru the Midwest corn patch soon! Lol
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Richard, Thanks for linking it here.
looks nice , needs the art work added & some tlc. but also thought the price was very good.
even for me ,a drive to East Mesa would be a pain in the Butt. Plus , as I said the space it occupies... might be to much.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:58 pm

If the seller would load it or I could take my kid include go get it for you I'm closer. Then could meet you in person soon after and deliver to you? I need someone in the high desert area of so cal to pick up a gem I found its 5.5 hours from my place to hers but it's a 1930 front vendor for $500 with keys DANG IT!

Let me know if you want it...
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:21 pm

I'll look over the pages of the "LIST" & see stuff other don't seem to see. a month or so ago , saw a nice slot but, Noticed it was way up north.... o.k. , why is it listed on the "PHOENIX LISTING ? a few hours later went to check it out again , no where to be seen.
most of the time it's over priced. then the "LIST" has an issue with it's e-mail service. then you get the few that never put up any contact info.
a guy had a machine up for a few months , couldn't understand the no interest. actually many wanted it, just he never got any e-mails via the list. I finally got in touch with him & stated I sent 3 or 4 e-mails, he never saw any ones.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby jmac » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:57 am

Richard,
If you're referring to the Dutchess front vender, I have looked at that machine, beware, no back door and she fails to state that the top casting is broken with 6" piece missing where the previous door was probably pried off, also escalator/coin entry is not functioning properly. It is missing glass in coin view window, but you can stick your finger in there and get it to cycle without a coin.
jmac

Postby Richard13 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:19 am

Yup that's one of them thanks for the info saves me a 10 hour round trip! She did say the back door is missing but nothing else!
Richard13

Postby Rick-okc » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 am

Richard 13, sorry to hear about your surgery. In your looking around for coin-op stuff, you find very much near south central TN?
Rick-okc

PreviousNext

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions