mills skill stop system

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: mills skill stop system

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:55 pm

O.K. Stephane... you have an engineering back round ???
You did beyond what I hoped for !!! thank you Stephane ,thank you France, And Thank you Stephane's Mother & Father !!!!

this will be great for me , And hopefully many others now , & in the future. nice to know I'll get this slot machine back to factory condition soon enough.
Thank you again !!!
Best regards; Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:26 am

Well , I m back
If this can help you !!??
I have try to make my best and hope that is clear and understandable !
If you print it without zoom on the printer , you will have the original part size ,after ,you just need to cut the paper for help you on the metal sheet !

Courage ,take care of your fingers and good luck !!
Send photos when it s finish !
Stephane

Mills 1254 skill stop.jpg

Mills 1254 skill stop size .jpg
gsx11r

Postby MONTI » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:47 am

Excellent Stephane!

Of all the slot machine documentation that I have on file this was lacking and as Skill Stop hardware is not easily found as most route operators would remove and discard these parts so as not to decrease their percentages on the machines "Take" there are not many sources for these parts available, if any!

As Bill "Slot Dynasty" had mentioned in another recent posting here on the Forum, that is what this Forum is about, spreading information and help to the new collectors and also the Old Collectors as shown here! :roll:

Thanks Again Stephane and also a Big Thanks to Dave, the Admin of the Forum for his work on keeping this Forum what it has become!
Also Thanks to Bill and Freddy and others who share their input here! =D>

Grazie!

MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:28 am

Hi Again
Well , last part !!And go to bed :sleepy2:
Warning ;You need to adjust the value with what you made and what you have !!
If you found an Error , please , let me know ,I will change it !!
And If some one make one , please send us the working progress !!!

And I agree with Monti !! THANK YOU DAVE , and All Other in the Forum !Thank you !! =D> =D>

Stephane

Mills 1181 skill stop.jpg

Mills 1181 skill stop size .jpg
gsx11r

Postby Mills » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Good night Stephan and "bravo " again !
Bonne nuit :D
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Stephane; I need to send you something for your hard work on this project ( via my request ) !!
this is perfect !!!
Hopefully viewed around the world from an internet search ,by who ever might need it.
Thank you again for your time & work on this... Extremely nice of you.
in this thread alone ,you made at least 4 people very happy (no doubt many more).

And yes... Thanks to Dave for creating such a venue for all of us to .... 1) share photos of our prizes 2) try to buy other prizes machines 3) try to sell machines 4) share History information 5) share Important information on machines ,so you won't buy slapped together junk, And 5) share technical type information on how parts inter act & share critical technical information on the parts that make these machines work !!!
way to many others to thank also.
Thank you again Stephane !!!!

Best regards to you ; jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:26 am

I have most of the parts made, via at work (don't tell the bosses). deciding on which size shaft ,since I couldn't find the right size. 1 is little thinner , other a little thicker. we'll see what I can do this weekend.
Any one else making a set of parts ??
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 pm

hello to all;
I have part of the mechanics out / apart , had 1 original "shoe" on the third arm & couldn't get the screws out. reel bundle out for now, ect. right now would be 2 new shoes, screws , ect. needed to slap together BUT, figured it's apart to clean it all up too.
BUT, I also tried to match up the push lever bracket to the frame....... Well the screw holes don't match up.

Stephane has (centered) between the 2 holes = 1" 7/16. My only 2 holes comes to only 15/16 of an inch. I did not drill any holes yet. Since the holes aren't even close, worried I'll drill holes which will change the angle , be to low or to high.

could this whole set up be slightly different with a bit of time passing ; like a revision to make it work better ??
mine is a Goose neck Roman head, Stephane's I believe is a "base ball ".

Shouldn't be any difference but....... We all know , that for what ever reason ,Mills moved the skill stop buttons to the front position , away from the top. I assumed, customers felt better playing it with their eyes focused only on 1 spot of the machine.

Now I'm worried that I will have to modify all the parts I made. just this bracket being to long or short can change everything else.
Just an up date.
jeff H.
might make another piece out of plexi glass or similar, as a test monkey. really don't need to screw it up & have to cut more metal pieces.

Man, why do I have to use my brain ??....... it hurts......
JHSS-1944

Postby gsx11r » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:07 am

Hi Jeff
I have check on all mills that I have , always 1"7/16 !!
On gooseneck model(FOK, poinsettia, and other ) ,gooseneck Silent ( Lion head, skyscraper) and Silent(Roman head, horse, Extraordinary, ...) ,Always the same size !!
Since that your Roman Head is an English Kit , And that they was champion of the world for add skill stop on all Slot machine possible , I pretty sure that the two holes are not original !
Do you can post any photo of your Mech and casting ??? It s possible that you have a gooseneck first version Mech without the two hole and have been drilled after for add the skill stop !
Like this :
http://www.retro-jackpot.fr/mills/f-o-k/f-o-k-des-années-20

If you need , I can make a paper with the place where to drill the two holes .
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:19 am

Stephane;
I was just about to go to sleep.
you might be right, that they added the skill stops in England. the parts that are marked are Mills for a U.S. 50 cent machine (slides , cover , base plate , ect.), I matched up the part numbers.(yes modified to use British coins) the skill stop parts that are here, look identical to mills & your photos.

why add this on later after coming into the U.K. , if you could already buy it this way ??
Plus if your buying the parts to add later , why drill holes into the frame wrong , when holes are already drilled & threaded into the bracket ? Unless they never bought these parts from Mills , just made their own parts totally ? (sounds like to much time & money to do).

o.k. ,I will go with your theory , it does sound logical.
later today , I will take a few photos of the mechanics, 1 of the current holes in the frame, & the parts I have made (minus 2 shoes).
the top 2 pay out slides had tiny screws added ,to Not allow them to slide all the way back in & paying out. And I already removed the brass bug from the middle star wheel.

With your help ,we'll get this machine back to it's "as used condition".
thank you Stephane.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

PreviousNext

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions