Penny stick gum side vendor

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Penny stick gum side vendor

Postby Richard13 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:55 am

Does anyone have a Mills Side vendor that dispenses single sticks of gum? I picked one up and apparently
I am missing a plate that screws on to the vending slide/drawer. I need to see what one looks like so I can
make one. Not sure what it does, is it supposed to slide forward with the drawer/slide supporting the other
sticks of gum or is it supposed to have an opening in it to drop one stick of gum through it when slide snaps back
in closed position?? It's a Mills delicious confection vendor.

Thanks!!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: Penny stick gum side vendor

Postby briank » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Richard, there is a mills delicious confection side vendor on ebay right now. I do not know what it dispenses and the description is vague. Maybe you can tell if its the same as yours.
briank

Re: Penny stick gum side vendor

Postby Richard13 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Yep there sure is and I have already been asking seller questions about it and still specifically ambiguous answers forthcoming. Not only that but I have been high bidder for a while now so everyone go look and see how my bidder ID looks and know it's me bidding against you and tell me to back off something you are wanting!!!!

Another member of the forum gave me some info about the machine but no photo or rough sketch of what I need as of yet.

Here is part of my collection, I have been loading the nickel machine jackpots with buffalo nickels today and straightening things up a little. Any help on the gum stick vendor drawer/slide is very much appreciated.

image.jpeg
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions