ADDICTED TO SLOT MACHINES

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

ADDICTED TO SLOT MACHINES

Postby slotjunkie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:12 am

My name is Pat and I'm addicted to slots I have been watching the videos and reading and taking in all info for months I'm a picker in San Francisco Bay Area and It was time to pull the trigger then one day I found this gem on craigslist. After about a week of emails I negotiated the price down from 1900 to 700. The guy stated in his ad he didn't know who the manufacture was and said it was a nickel machine and he had owned it for 30 years. Thanks to all of you I knew what it was " 10 cent Blue front with golden award hardware missing no cash box and generic lock and key" So I went and picked it up and took it home and tore it into a million pieces this was two weeks ago. This is what it looks like as of this morning. I had to set it together to get a visual. I have purchased 3 more slot machines and a pinball machine in the last few days. I can't stop one is to many and a thousand never enough. :D
Attachments
IMG_8058.jpg
IMG_8344.jpg
IMG_8407.jpg
IMG_8070.jpg
IMG_8406.jpg
slotjunkie

Re: ADDICTED TO SLOT MACHINES

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:14 am

Very nice and welcome to the forum.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby briank » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 am

Pretty good negotiating skills! I too am addicted but my budget will not allow me to go crazy like I would like to. So far just two for me but I am eyeing more.
briank

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 am

slotjunkie;
Welcome to the forum !! your restoration looks damn near perfect = congrats !!
some sellers pick a price out of thin air or find a price on e-ban. then weeks later after no one shows any interest , prices starts to drop, sometimes real fast depending on why it's for sale.
Usually pickers contact them with really low offers, which has them think they have junk for sale.....

these can be addictive for sure. my limit was 18 , 5 weeks after # 18 I have 21 !!! last 3 ;Extraordinary (for the British market ) was $700.00 shipped. brown front on the original Mills safe stand $800.00, Last sunday night at 11:30 p.m. bought a 1932 lion head for $500.00. lion head started out at 1,250.00 , 3 weeks later mine for $500.00 AND I never discussed the price once with the seller ! it was his offer to me.
a glitch with the "offerup" site or his computer. I send him 1 e-mail each week it was up , he never saw the first 2. Hence ,he never saw any other e-mails from other people either. it sat unplayed on a table in a bed room for the last 35 + years.

Space will eventually dictate your limit on these. TRY to pass on the "junk" machines , you'll lose space & money (on something you might not be able to resell later), ect.,ect.
Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby slotjunkie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Thanks for the add and my budget is almost non existent what money I have I need to be turning over stuff constantly. Its not to often I buy things I keep. It costs a lot of money to live in California. Nice job on the lion head man thats the way you want to buy them. I picked up a bursting cherry and a black cherry for 1400 I started to work on the guy but he was pretty firm he said if I gave him 1400 he threw in a 1975 blue max pinball machine in cherry condition. The slots were in nice original condition they had stickers from the state of Montana 1947 booth of them and were covered with cigarette smoke. The only one I wanted was the bursting cherry the black cherry does nothing for me.I don't even know if its a black cherry its a something cherry.... I am looking for a war chief, lion head, I'm on the hunt....
Attachments
IMG_8408.jpg
slotjunkie

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:29 am

both in the photos look repainted but, both look good. not a bad deal on the 3. I have run across a few old pin ball machines & passed on them , little big on space right now.
I try not to get nuts on getting the price lower. I ask questions (many have no answers back) but, shows them I have a clue, plus also having an interest in it. then a little time passes, then they usually contact me back about it.

Here locally in Arizona, few real collectors, & some posted with "out of your mind" prices. but most try a reasonable price but, still no takers. must be about 4 Mills high tops priced at $800.00 (currently ), no takers for months !!!! & a few more high tops just over the $1,000.00 mark . the few seen higher are pickers trying to sell ,til a local auction starts up.

most put them up for sale because they have too = moving , need $$$$, ect.
jeff
JHSS-1944

Postby slotjunkie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:55 pm

yeah I just grabbed pinball cuz it was free. I would have paid the 1400 for the machines anyway and I will flip pinball and black cherry and dam near have bursting for free. Im stripping it down as we speak. I need a soda blaster. Paint stripper expensive and messy. I can't find any machines anywhere right now. Slot machine drought lol....see that horse head on eBay??? was restored by some famous person check out the work.
slotjunkie

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions