general junior cigarette machine Coin mechanism not working

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

general junior cigarette machine Coin mechanism not working

Postby Nextelcherp1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi
I'm restoring a general junior cigarette machine and can not figure out what is going wrong with the coin Mech and the guides. I by pass the coin and the guides get stuck with the handle in the out position. So it will not slide back to push the pack of cigarettes out unless I manually realease the levers with a flat head to let the guides slide back.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nextelcherp1

Re: general junior cigarette machine Coin mechanism not work

Postby TheFatman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 pm

I have found out with machines of that type, that lubrication makes all the difference. Unless the mech has been mishandled and bent. Look for lube points and make sure they glide and slide... corrosion can cause the hang up and depending on where the machine was (ocean areas) they can get salt corrosion.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby Nextelcherp1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Thanks I have lube it all with some really good coin Mech Lube and still nothing.
Thanks
Nextelcherp1

Postby miltonman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Did you ever get the cigarette machine going? I am having issues with a Rowe machine from the 50's and looking for help on it. For me, the pull lever that releases a pack does not work. I have lubed the parts but that did not help. Looking for suggestions
miltonman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions