Caille not paying out

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Caille not paying out

Postby briank » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:37 pm

I play my 1 cent silent sphinx a few times a week and have never hit the "jackpot" so I began investigating. I found a bug......on a one cent machine???? I removed it and played it a lot today and have noticed it has quit paying out. I pulled the mech and dont see anything obviously wrong. The jackpot has filled and is currently filling the reserve. It seems to have started not paying once the jackpot filled and the door shut to fill the reserve. Coincidence or anything to check for? Thanks
briank

Re: Caille not paying out

Postby mechanic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Brian If it does not pay on all pays check to make sure the 5th click lever is going behind the master slide when you pull the handle. If its only on certain pays then it may be the vertical fingers need adjusting.
mechanic

Postby briank » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Took mech out again and looked at the slides from the bottom...could see pennies but the slide looked misaligned. Took the coin tubes out and saw some pennies on end in the payout slides. I put it all back together and it pays out. Not always correctly ...shorts you sometimes...gotta figure that one out.
briank

Postby mechanic » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 pm

If it's paying short on oranges and higher but pays correct on cherries then it's most likely the coin thckness just like on dimes quarters and halves. Best to use pennies made before 1983 as these are the original copper pennies, after 83 they are copper clad aluminum and are thicker to compensate for the weight difference.
mechanic

Postby Richard13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Let me know if you want to try wheat pennies going back to the '20s or so I have a bazillion of them and only one penny machine so sad. :(
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby briank » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:18 am

Thanks for the offer but I collect coins and have been using wheats and older memorial cents from the 60's since I got the slot. This is the machine I initially thought was a dime machine but they're all out of there now except one in the jackpot. Ill keep playing and chart the payouts.
briank

Postby Richard13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am

You are welcome sir and if you need nickels I don't have them to spare but have a friend with a five gallon bucket of them all dateless he sells for cheap. I just got another 500 yesterday, 1000 of them should fit in a small flat rate USPS box with room to spare.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions