Mills Slot Machine and Award Card Questions

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Slot Machine and Award Card Questions

Postby Chkita » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Hello Group,
I have Mills Slot, about 1929 I believe, that is pretty much a Poinsettia. The lower casting is a bit different. Do any of you guys know the Proper Name for this model? Also, the Award card has a Bar with the first Two Cherries Pay... All of the Award Cards that I am finding pays on any Two Cherries (No Bar). Where can I get this Award Card. The machine has the Free Play feature as well as the Uber Cool Side Vendor... Doing a Light, Clean up Restoration on it... Thanks !
Attachments
Mills Poinsetta.jpeg
Mills Award Card.JPG
Chkita

Re: Mills Slot Machine and Award Card Questions

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:44 am

Chkita:
Nice original machine, and by all means, Do Not do a complete restoration. Just a cleanup, as you say. Will hold it's value
much better in the long run. What you have, is a Mills "Operator Bell" series "Torch Front". Yours is just one of at least five
different Torch Front designs. None of which were revamps. The models with the vertical mounted award card, had the
two cherries & bar, like yours. The horizontal mounted award card, had No bar after the cherries. I am not sure who has
the correct card you need. I checked a couple of my listings, including Rick Frink, and did not see it. Perhaps Dave Berten
has it, and will jump in to help you. Good luck.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:43 am

Chkita:
Now that I think more about your award card, Do Not replace it with a repro. If it were heavily stained, marked up,
torn, with holes, etc., then yes. But as nice of an original machine you have, it is best to use the original card, as it
is totally legable, good coloring, with very little staining & scratching. It may be able to withstand a very light dab
of cleaning. I have a solution that removes most stains from cards, without affecting the ink colors. The stuff I have
can not be store-bought. Rattle my cage at (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net), with your contact number, and I can talk to
you more about it, if interested.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby tsparts4u » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 am

If you are still interested in a replacement award card, I have it available with a plastic cover sheet.
ucanwin777@aol.com
See sample......
Attachments
#AC4423J Poinsettia-SPECIAL-CCB=2 SAMPLE.jpg
tsparts4u

Postby Chkita » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks Guys for the comments and help.

Vance
Chkita

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions