Reel Discs questions

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Reel Discs questions

Postby pb4sc » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
So I thought I had figured out my payout issue when I adjusted my Vertical fingers in my previous post, but it looks like I am also having a problem with the reel discs. :cry: The third disc in, seems to be off just slightly. Notice in the photo it is not lining up with the first and second reel disc.
IMG_20170110_070407150_HDR.jpg

Because of this, the vertical finger does not pass through the last hole, leading the machine not to pay out.
IMG_20170110_070455860.jpg

I was able to adjust the reel hubs on the for the first and second reel, but since the 3rd reel does not have a reel hub, I cant figure out a way to adjust it so that the payout finger will go through the last hole.

Here are my questions......
Is there a way to adjust the third reel?
Should I have Reel one and two even with the third reel disc by adjusting the hubs?
Do I have a defective Reel bundle?
Would it be OK to bend the fingers so that they will fit through all three reel discs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil
pb4sc

Re: Reel Discs questions

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 pm

pb4sc wrote:Hi Everyone,
So I thought I had figured out my payout issue when I adjusted my Vertical fingers in my previous post, but it looks like I am also having a problem with the reel discs. :cry: The third disc in, seems to be off just slightly. Notice in the photo it is not lining up with the first and second reel disc.
IMG_20170110_070407150_HDR.jpg

Because of this, the vertical finger does not pass through the last hole, leading the machine not to pay out.
IMG_20170110_070455860.jpg

I was able to adjust the reel hubs on the for the first and second reel, but since the 3rd reel does not have a reel hub, I cant figure out a way to adjust it so that the payout finger will go through the last hole.

Here are my questions......
Is there a way to adjust the third reel?
Should I have Reel one and two even with the third reel disc by adjusting the hubs?
Do I have a defective Reel bundle?
Would it be OK to bend the fingers so that they will fit through all three reel discs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil

Yes you can adjust the third reel but you have to take the reel bundle apart. There should be two screws on the 20 stop star wheel which will allow you to move the star wheel. Moving the star wheel will allow you to adjust the reel disc to where you need it. I believe you will have to turn the star wheel clockwise just a little.
Last edited by oldslotman on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:01 am

Oldslotman is correct. simple enough to do.
JHSS-1944

Postby norabt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 am

Oldslotman is correct - but the third reel star is pinned to the reel disc. Most times there are two sets of holes for the location of the pins. Maybe the reel star was installed in the wrong pin holes. If that is not the problem then simply remove the pins and readjust the reel star.
norabt

Postby pb4sc » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the information. I am going to try it this weekend, and will report back how it goes.

Phil
pb4sc

Postby pb4sc » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks everyone. That did the trick, and I now have the reel bundles in working order. I appreciate the help.
pb4sc

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions