Main Operating Arm, not retracting after cycle

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Main Operating Arm, not retracting after cycle

Postby pb4sc » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:57 am

Hi Everyone,
I am still having issues with my mech. My latest problem is the Main Operating Arm. When I cycle the machine, everything is working perfectly, except for the main operating arm. I does not retract fully back to the top, unless I fiddle around with it.

For example, here is the position of the Main Operating Arm roller and coin advancing bar prior to the cycle.

DSC05935_LI.jpg

After the cycle it retracts only partially.
DSC05936_LI.jpg

I can only get it to retract fully, by moving the main operating arm back and forth. It then goes back into position for the next cycle. I have looked carefully for where it is getting caught, but see nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil
pb4sc

Re: Main Operating Arm, not retracting after cycle

Postby mechanic » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Phil your problem is on the vert. finger reset. Right side frame as your looking at it there is a tab with 2 screws. This tab is supposed to slide off the back end of the ratchet teeth on your pork chop lever. It may need to be burnished and greased. If that does not work you can adjust it back so it will not rest on the pork chop. Worse case just remove the tab . this is a very common problem on Mills mechs all the way through the Hi-Top series.
mechanic

Re: Main Operating Arm, not retracting after cycle

Postby pb4sc » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Thank you Mechanic. That was exactly the problem. I loosened the screws, moved it out of the way, and now it is working. \:D/ I appreciate your help.

Phil
pb4sc

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions