American Eagle Reel Strips

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

American Eagle Reel Strips

Postby goodolddays » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 pm

Hello, I am new to the hobby and recently purchased an American Eagle trade stimulator made by the Daval company. It is in need of new reel strips and I am not sure where to get them. This machine has the fruit reel strips and its a nickel model, if that makes any difference. Any help would be much appreciated.
goodolddays

Re: American Eagle Reel Strips

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:13 pm

goodolddays wrote:Hello, I am new to the hobby and recently purchased an American Eagle trade stimulator made by the Daval company. It is in need of new reel strips and I am not sure where to get them. This machine has the fruit reel strips and its a nickel model, if that makes any difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there, and welcome to our Forum.
I am the person that has the reel strips for your "American Eagle". Send me all your info direct to (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net),
and I will get a current catalog off to you, so that you can place your order.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby goodolddays » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:57 pm

I also need to know how to line up the reel strips so that token payouts, winning combinations,etc. are correct. The machine has the correct original strips on the 1 and 3 reels and I believe them to be in the proper position as they are still glued in place, however the number two strip is gone. Could I simply try putting the 2 strip on (temporarily) with the 1 and 3 on the bar symbols and test to see if the payouts are correct? #-o
goodolddays

Postby goodolddays » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 am

Here are the reels from my five cent machine with one at the bottom and three at the top. You can see that the 1 and 3 reels are different from the 1 and 3 on my one cent machine in the post below. The fact that daval made a few different reel configurations for these machines can make it difficult to line up the strips, especially if you don't have a good machine or example to look off of.
Attachments
20170211_023012.jpg
Last edited by goodolddays on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodolddays

Postby Cfroadhog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:56 pm

I need to know how to apply the reel strips on the American Eagle to get the correct payouts. I know you start on the left where do you line them up on the reel for a correct payout. No example to go by. Any ideas? Thanks.
Cfroadhog

Postby goodolddays » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 am

Are you working on a 1 cent or 5 cent machine? The reels and strips are different on each machine There is no marked starting point on these machines. If you let me know what type of machine you have, I can take a photo of the reels out of one of my machines to give you a good idea of where to start the strips on the reels. The strips are numbered 1-3 and the 1 strip goes on the left side when looking at the machine from the front, 2 strip in the center, and the 3 strip goes on the right.From there, I usually use a little contact cement to hold the strips on the reels (where the paper overlaps) temporarily and reinsert the bundle and fine tune the strips by spinning the machine over several times and making sure the strips line up correctly and that the machine pays out as it should (you can use tokens or quarters in the token vendor). Then, I remove the reel bundle and carefully peel the strips apart (making sure to hold the strip so it does not move on the reel) and super glue the strips on permanently, then reassemble.
Last edited by goodolddays on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodolddays

Postby Cfroadhog » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

I have a one cent machine no gum ball American Eagle thanks
Cfroadhog

Postby goodolddays » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Here are the photos of the reels out of my 1 cent american eagle. The main difference between the one cent and five cent strips is that the one cent strips have three additional lemons. Unfortunately, Slot Dynasty (The main supplier of high quality repro reel strips copied from originals) only has the strips for the five cent model, so I ordered those and made several photocopies on appropriate paper, then cut out three lemon patches and glued them on over the symbols to make the strips work for my one cent machine. In the photos, I show the photo copies I made with and without the lemons placed over them. I also included pics. of the award card on my machine as you will have to verify that it matches the one on your machine, as I have been told there were a few different variations. I also scanned a handwritten document which shows the proper symbol layout for most one cent machines.

As for the photos of the reels, one is at the bottom and three is at the top in the photos, I used a red sharpie to indicate where the strips start on the reels and a small arrow to indicate the orientation. I hope this information assists you in getting your machine back in action!
Attachments
IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_0995 (Small).JPG
IMG_0993 (Small).JPG
IMG_1012 (Small).JPG
IMG_20180217_0004.jpg
Last edited by goodolddays on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodolddays

Postby goodolddays » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Here is another pic of the number 1 reel to show how my marks line up with where the strip starts and how the strip overlaps about 1/2'" when installed. You can see one of my lemon patches in the photo, (between the bar and bell symbols) and if done right they are hardly noticeable as on this reel.

I also want to warn you to remove the payout finger assembly carefully before attempting to remove the reel bundle as that part can easily be bent on these machine and it can be difficult to get back into adjustment. So, I always remove it first and install it last. You just pull the small retainer, remove the pin, and gently separate the reels with your fingers until the finger assembly can be maneuvered in or out of the reel bundle.

Regards, Zach
Attachments
IMG_0999 (Small).JPG
goodolddays

Postby tsparts4u » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 am

I have these reel strips available for the Daval American Eagle trade stimulator if anyone is in need of them. Cost is $20.00 per set with shipping included in the USA.
Jerry
ucanwin777@aol.com
Attachments
#RS7045J DAVAL AMERICAN EAGLE STRIPS-SAMPLE.jpg
tsparts4u

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions