Jennings jackpot not dumping all coins

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings jackpot not dumping all coins

Postby grapeman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:47 pm

I;s working on a Jennings Sun Chief. 10 cent. Hand load JP. Here's my problem. When the JP dumps, not all the dimes fall out. Some stay in the JP. The JP door is opening all the way, but not all the coins fall out. So what happens on the next cycle, the JP door won't close all the way because of the stuck coins in the way. This tends to lock up the mech. Anyone else run into this problem? I believe it is associated with the dimes. All the other Sun Chiefs ( non dimes) do not have his problem. But now that I think about it, none of them are hand load either???
grapeman

Re: Jennings jackpot not dumping all coins

Postby briank » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 am

Are they hanging on something on the door or are they stuck? May be as simple as wiping down the jackpot door and the dimes. I have an older pace that had dimes sticking because of dirt etc on the jackpot door.
briank

Re: Jennings jackpot not dumping all coins

Postby Yarder » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:01 pm

My Jennings nickel machine did that when the Jackpot hopper was over filled. I looked at the payouts, forced a jackpot and then counted the coins, it was way over. Put in the correct amount, and it worked just fine.
Yarder

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions