Mills Castle front Reel stop not timed correctly

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Castle front Reel stop not timed correctly

Postby Timmer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:50 am

I have a five cent Mills Castle front with bonus award. The reel stop on the third reel doesn't always stop the reel before the disc stop lever engages. This means that the reel often stops with the pointer between symbols. Is there an adjustment to get the reel stop to engage before the disc stop does?

Thanks!
Timmer

Re: Mills Castle front Reel stop not timed correctly

Postby pb4sc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Timmer,
I am a little confused. The third reel stop should fall onto the star, stopping both the reel, and the disk. Once that happens, the vertical fingers should search for a payout, pushing the horizontal fingers out of the way, if there is a payout, which allows the slides to move back for the payout. I had an issue where the reel disk star needed to be adjusted. http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5409 I am not sure if that is your issue. If the reel strip is not lining up, could it be that the strip needs to be adjusted?

If your issue is different, can you post some pictures of the issue?

Phil
pb4sc

Postby Timmer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:21 pm

IMG_1173.JPG
The bonus disc lever is contacting/stopping the discs before the third reel has been stopped by the reel stop contacting the star.
Timmer

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:04 pm

The timing lever comes off the top of the clock. You have to bend it to get the machine back into time. It is the "L" shaped piece on the top of the clock that pulls the reel stop bar back.
oldslotman

Postby Timmer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 am

oldslotman, Thanks, that's got it. It's much improved!
Timmer

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions