Vest Pocket Frozen Coin Slides

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Vest Pocket Frozen Coin Slides

Postby BRUCE » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:57 am

I have a Dozen Vest Pockets and four of them have coin slides that have frozen in place about an inch from full push in position. Any suggestions for a easy fix would be greatly appreciated.
BRUCE

Re: Vest Pocket Frozen Coin Slides

Postby sam2002 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 am

Send them to me and you'll never have to worry about them again !!! :D :D :D
sam2002

Re: Vest Pocket Frozen Coin Slides

Postby GEM » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi Bruce,
I have owned nearly 100 Vest Pockets and have seen, I believe, every possible jam situation. Unfortunately there are numerous adjustment problems that can cause the slide to to not complete it's travel. The most common I have seen is a coin not ejecting fully from the payout tube and remaining below the tube, on the brass elevator inside the 2 retaining wires that project down along side the tube. If the brass elevator assembly cannot fully rise to the bottom of the tube, it will not allow the coin slide to retract, Look inside the payout compartment with a small flashlight and see if you can see any coins behind the 2 wires under the payout tube that do not properly line up with the tube above. If there is a coin there, you must remove it with needle nose pliers or drag it out with a dental pick. You can also try to push it back into position under the tube so the elevator can complete it's upward travel.
Hopefully this is your issue, as the other problems are much more difficult to explain.
Good luck, George.
GEM

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions