payout problems

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

payout problems

Postby edgeCity » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Brought home a nice 10c Mills Black Cherry today. The slot will cycle, but it won't pay out!
Two problems that I can see:
(1) Cycled through all payouts -- in all cases, the holes in the reel disks line up correctly, but
the vertical payout levers will not penetrate them.
(2) See foto. The payout slides move forward and back as they should as the machine
cycles, but the bottom slide sticks out more than the others:

IMG_7230.JPG

. . . any ideas?
Thanks!
Nelson
edgeCity

Re: payout problems

Postby nhsodaman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Take a picture from the other side with the fingers
nhsodaman

Postby Beads » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:17 pm

I am totally new to this but I will give it a shot, I would check the "anti-check payout assembly" it may be holding back the vertical payout fingers from paying out. If so you can use a twist tie to hold it back. Next maybe your 5th click stop lever is not engaging or is releasing to soon.
The experts will fill you in with the rest...good luck! And yes a picture from the back of the mech would help a lot.
Bill
Beads

Postby edgeCity » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 am

nhsodaman wrote:Take a picture from the other side with the fingers

. . . two fotos from the back side:

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG
edgeCity

Postby oldslotman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 am

Move this lever so it points to the back. It is holding back the payout fingers and must be moved.
IMG_7234.JPG
IMG_7234.JPG (77.7 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
oldslotman

Postby Beads » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:27 am

You beat me to it...I was just mocking up his picture.....hope this works for him. Nice easy fix.
On a side note wow!!!! that machine is in great condition.
Beads

Postby edgeCity » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 am

oldslotman wrote:Move this lever so it points to the back. It is holding back the payout fingers and must be moved.

Is this the lever you're referring to? Moved it back, still no payouts.

IMG_7235.JPG

To convince myself that there are no coin jams in the payslides themselves, I 'cocked' the mech, manually held back the lowest payslide, and cycled. Two coins dropped (i.e., single cherry)! Then repeated with the lowest two slides, five coins dropped (double cherries). Lowest three slides, ten coins (oranges). Etc. So the payslides aren't jammed, and they are delivering coins.

. . . and thanks, Beads -- it is in great condition! See my post "10c Black Cherry" in Fantastic Finds for details.
edgeCity

Postby Beads » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:10 am

FullSizeRender.jpg

Yes that is the correct lever, but it has to go back further. The hook maybe locked onto the roller of of the payout push back lever bar.
Beads

Postby edgeCity » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Beads wrote:
The attachment FullSizeRender.jpg is no longer available

Yes that is the correct lever, but it has to go back further. The hook maybe locked onto the roller of of the payout push back lever bar.

. . . indeed it (yellow) is -- locked onto the roller tip (blue) with a death grip, I might add! It won't budge.

I have two other (functioning) Mills machines. On one, this level floats freely, never
really making contact with the roller (red). On the other, this level has been removed
entirely!

IMG_7237.JPG
edgeCity

Postby Beads » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 pm

I don't know why by the picture it has a death grip. But if you want your machine to pay it has to be released. Maybe pull back the roller to take some pressure off. If all else fails you can remove it for now like one of your other machines. It is just there to detect a check(coin with a hole in the centre) so the machine does not payout.
As I said before I am totally new to this. Or you could wind the mech up and stop the clock while the 5click lever is holding back the master slide this also should take some pressure off that lever. Time for a real mechanic to step in.
Good luck Bill
Beads

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions