Vendo 92 Soda Machine Questions. PLEASE HELP!!!

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Vendo 92 Soda Machine Questions. PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby Grapher » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm new to vending machines and I recently bought a Vendo VS92B early 60's Coca Cola machine. I picked it up for only $90 and it looks amazing. It runs ice cold, but I'm having a few minor issues.

First, the fluorescent light is going bad or is loose, and I need to fix it. I can't figure out how to open it up. I know how to fold out the selection panel, but can't open up box where the light is.

Second, when I put a quarter in the machine, the quarter falls straight through the coin mechanism. I don't know if it does that because the machine senses that there's no bottles in the machine (because I'm not sure if I'm loading it right) or if it's supposed to be reset after the bottles run out and it's been reloaded. Or if there's just something wrong with the machine or coin mechanism.

Third, is it possible to just run the lights on the machine and not the compressor? Once I get it working properly, I'm going to store it in my work shop where I won't have enough electricity to run the whole machine. So I was thinking I could just light it up to give my shop a nice look.

I will take any help I can get!
Grapher

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions