Mills Payout Problem

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Mills Payout Problem

Postby oldslotman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm

The single cherry payout is paid by the master slide. The master slide spring could be the top or second from the top spring. The master slide had different spring locations. On your machine I would think it is the second from the top.
oldslotman

Postby TheFatman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:56 pm

When the slot hits a single cherry, check to see if this lever moves freely back and forth. If so, then I might have the burr you mentioned. Be sure that the spring related to that lever is strong enough to make it slide over.
See pic attached...

Dave F
SLot Release levers.JPG
SLot Release levers.JPG (50.19 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
TheFatman

Postby rjpohl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but I thought that spring pulled the lever back into the locked position.

when I have it in a single cheery pay sitting upright on the bench the door doesn't open, then I can tilt the slot on its back and with just slightest jar the slide will move open and coins drop out. I've tried to tighten that spring but it doesn't seem to help. I fear there is something on the slide itself that is causing this, I'm just a bit afraid to tackle getting the slides out and back in place. I think you would have to pretty much disassemble the whole slot.

Thanks
Bob
rjpohl

Postby oldslotman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 pm

You have something hanging up some where.
oldslotman

Postby Northtexan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:37 pm

I was a novice like you several years ago and still pretty much am but I have done this. Unless I’m forgetting something all you have to do to get to the slides is remove the coin tube and the slide cover plate. It just takes some finagling. Make sure you keep up with the order of the slides and how things come apart. Degrease the slides and check them over. Slick and dry. Clean up the inside area and look it over. Check out the springs. Terry
Northtexan

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions