Bally Slot will not pay out

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Bally Slot will not pay out

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:43 am

DSC_7671.jpg
Can anyone give me some advice/suggestions on a problem I have with one of my slots. Let me mention that I have many mechanical slots and am pretty much OK with working on and understanding them. When it comes to Bally electrics, I am as dumb as a "door nail".
I thought if I ask this question someone might have a simple solution that I could understand, like cleaning a contact or something like that.

The machine in question is a Bally. On the side is a metal plate that reads" Bally Manufacturing with these numbers: 1114-10 and 1114-298. Not sure if these help with identifying the model, so I have uploaded a couple of photos.

The problem is that the machine works except it will not pay out on any combination. Perhaps I could just clean some contacts if directed on which contacts and where they are located.

I live in Little Rock, AR and don't have access to anyone nearby to help me with this.

Thanks!!
Nick

Re: Bally Slot will not pay out

Postby leospanner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello Nick
If you search ebay, "bally slot repair manual" you'll find a manual for $44.95 and a video for $31.99. These are two great tools for cleaning and trouble shooting most of the Bally EMs. They really helped me and I have gotten several back and working with small problems. Usually a good cleaning, which the video goes through in great detail. Hope this helps. Leo
leospanner

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks leospanner!

I have a Bally repair manual, but it is like reading Greek for me. I just can't follow it.
I will look into the video, however. That might help!

Nick
Nick

Postby leospanner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 pm

The video is great, it helped me tremendously and really built up my confidence in getting into the machines.
leospanner

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Leospanner,

Is this the video that you are refering to? Just want to be sure before I order it: Slot Machine Repair video DVD Vol 1 & 2 for Bally EM slot machines.
Seller: bigdaddyenterprises_pinball

By the way the manuals I have are the ones put out by Bally. VERY COMPLEX!
I did order the one by Geddes and Mead.

Thanks again for your advice.
Nick

Postby leospanner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Yes, that's the video, you'll get a lot out of it.
leospanner

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions