Jennings Chief payout issue

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Chief payout issue

Postby teh461 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:45 pm

I have a Jennings Silver Chief that I bought a couple months ago. Everything had been working fine until it suddenly started paying on every pull regardless of reel positions. It has exhausted all the coins in the tube so it just pays one nickel on every pull. I have looked at the mechanism several times for a broken or unhooked spring, a coin that might be obstructing something or just looking for something that doesn't look right. Everything looks good as far as I can tell. All the springs on the horizontal and vertical payout levers are intact. Any ideas besides taking it apart and cleaning the slides? I haven't done that before and it looks a little intimidating.
Any help is appreciated..
teh461

Re: Jennings Chief payout issue

Postby MONTI » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 am

High resolution photos of the areas of concern would possibly show something you are missing!
Handle side of mechanism down low showing side of payout slides, horizontal slide release levers, Etc.
As well as lower back of mech photos showing rear of horizontal slide release levers and springs and lower portion of the vertical payout fingers, Etc.
And upper back of mech showing top of vertical payout fingers and reel discs!
And last of all front of mech lower area showing front of payout slides to see alignment, Etc.
Did you look very closely to see if a possible loose coin is hanging out in the payout slide area causing an issue, kind of a long shot but over the last 35 Plus years I have seen many strange things! LOL
However you may be looking at a complete payout slide cleaning by disassembly of the removal of the payout slides but pictures should be helpful for forum assistance!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Re: Jennings Chief payout issue

Postby teh461 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks Monti!,
I've looked closely for a coin being caught in the mechanism, loose or broken springs etc. I only have the one Jennings so nothing to compare it to. I do have the pictorial manual but so far that hasn't helped. I'll try to get some good pics in the next couple days.
Thanks again,
Tom
teh461

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions