Caille Cadet Help

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Caille Cadet Help

Postby gvt1911 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm

I am rebuilding a Callie Cadet 5 cent machine from about 1936...I have the mech set aside and I am working on the cabinet and the castings...I found 2 items that are broken and hope someone can supply a picture of each one and what it is suppose to look like...One item is the arm that controls the divider in the jackpot...It goes into the slide and dumps top jackpot when bottom one is hit. The arm was repaired with a piece of wire at one time...Was hoping someone can supply picture of it complete so I can do a better repair...Next is the "ratchet" on the pull handle...There is a piece of metal that appeared to be bent that broke off completely and never repaired...I hope the pictures show up as I may not know the correct names...Any help will be appreciated...
:)
Attachments
MVC-002F.JPG
MVC-012F.JPG
MVC-011F.JPG
MVC-003F.JPG
gvt1911

Re: Caille Cadet Help

Postby marsonion » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 pm

gvt1911 wrote:I am rebuilding a Callie Cadet 5 cent machine from about 1936...I have the mech set aside and I am working on the cabinet and the castings...I found 2 items that are broken and hope someone can supply a picture of each one and what it is suppose to look like...One item is the arm that controls the divider in the jackpot...It goes into the slide and dumps top jackpot when bottom one is hit. The arm was repaired with a piece of wire at one time...Was hoping someone can supply picture of it complete so I can do a better repair...Next is the "ratchet" on the pull handle...There is a piece of metal that appeared to be bent that broke off completely and never repaired...I hope the pictures show up as I may not know the correct names...Any help will be appreciated...
:)

Hope these shots help...
Attachments
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0003.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG
marsonion

Postby gvt1911 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:20 pm

Thank you for the great shots of the parts...I see that I am also missing another part on the jackpot...At least now I can repair what I have and go from there...Thank you again ! =D>
gvt1911

Postby flipper77 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:44 am

Here is an inside picture of an early Doughboy which is essentially the same as the Cadet - hope this helps.

Flip
Attachments
DSC08880.JPG
flipper77

Postby flipper77 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:47 am

Last pic was low resolution. Here is a high resolution one.
Attachments
DSC08887.JPG
flipper77

Postby gvt1911 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am

Thank you...The more pics the better as I now have a box of parts...LOL...Now if I could only get some decent paint to stick...Trying self etching primer, but it does not fill in the tiny holes...Maybe I need to go to a filler primer??? Also cannot find anyone local that does chrome plating on aluminum or pot metal...Dang!! #-o
gvt1911

Postby marsonion » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm

flipper77 wrote:Here is an inside picture of an early Doughboy which is essentially the same as the Cadet - hope this helps.

Flip

In fact, there are substantial differences between the Doughboy and Cadet hardware, particularly with regard to the JP/reserve feed machinery, and the devices which shut off the reserve feed when the reserve is full. Even parts which would appear to be interchangeable between these two models... aren't. The images below indicate the differences; instead of the "bouncing ramp" of the Doughboy, there is a "swinging ramp" (B) which, when coins pile up to overflowing in the reserve, swings across to block the "Knee" (A) hanging from the bottom of the escalator, which stops the feeding of the reserve on each 2-Cherry payout. (If you are a masochist with a morbid curiosity about how the equivalent Doughboy hardware works, search the terms "zig zag" and "bouncing ramp" on this forum.) This short video can help you understand some of the Cadet JP operations, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwjI4mkF4U
Attachments
KneeBlocker.JPG
Knee.JPG
DBhdwNotInCadet.JPG
marsonion

Postby flipper77 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks Marsonion - always learning on this blog! Always avoided these later Caille machines. Then picked up the Doughboy cheap and, once I got it working, found that I really like how it plays. Well, if anyone needs info on a Doughboy - - - - - - - - - - - -
Flip
flipper77

Postby gvt1911 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I am ongoing with this rebuild and would like to know if there is anyone with reproduction reel strips for this machine...??? The original strips are there, but heavily darkened with age... Any help would be appreciated ! :mrgreen:
gvt1911

Postby marsonion » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 pm

gvt1911 wrote:I am ongoing with this rebuild and would like to know if there is anyone with reproduction reel strips for this machine...??? The original strips are there, but heavily darkened with age... Any help would be appreciated ! :mrgreen:

Because the Caille repro strips available at the time were such garbage, I made some of my own. The picture shows what I have left of 20-stop Caille strips (I also have the Mystery "tight" first reel in buff, not pictured). These were produced using a high-end imagesetter on satin-laminated card stock. Check the symbol order carefully and PM me if interested. I also have 10-stops and Grand Prize repro strips available.
Attachments
CadetReels.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
marsonion

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions