Mills "Lion Head" Payout Problem

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Mills "Lion Head" Payout Problem

Postby mechanic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:25 pm

lift pin and set screw.jpg
The lift pin is in the pic attached by second black arrow. First black arrow is the set screw and jam nut loosen jam nut then loosen set screw. Once loosen tap the pin from the back end forward about .035" and follow my earlier post. If that does not work then it may be more complicated. Finding the 5th click is easy if you follow the push lever in the pic for resetting the master slide located at the bottom of the base plate straight under the screw driver tip. The 5th click is to the right of the reset bar behind the slide stack.
mechanic

Postby glblanks » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Mechanic
I have attempted several times to figure out where all this points are based on your instructions and photo. Either I've missed the explanation or I'm just too new to figure it out but never quite understood.
Okay, I've matched up my machine to your photo but still not sure where the "5th Click" is located, nor where to tap on the pin once I losen the jam nut and set screw. Which "pin" do I tap from the back?
I'm assuming if I count the "clicks" as the slot spins, the "fifth click" (last click you hear) is the one you referenced. I've watched carefully but couldn't identify where that click is coming from.
Slot still isn't paying on winning combo. I emptied the coin tube and made certain no coins were jammed inside the slides.
Could I take a short video from the back during the spin and post it?
glblanks

Postby rosekiller454356 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 am

Hello Larry. The 5th click refers to the release of the slide lock. It must not be released before the lower horizontal payout fingers are free to move out
of way should a winner occur. If it release prematurely, there will be tension on all the slides thus the slides associated with the winning
combination cannot move to the rear to drop those coins. Another way to explain this is to ensure the upper vertical payout fingers have
engaged the reel disc before the slide lock release (5th click) occurs. Hope this helps
rosekiller454356

Postby mechanic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I attached a pic of the 5th click. You can see the squared head that goes behind the master slide keeping the slides from moving back and jamming the payout . The second arrow on the previous post I sent is where you tap the pin into the main bar. Remember just a little tap .035" or less. Good Luck Jim
ATTACHMENTS
DSC00008.JPG
mechanic

mechanic

Postby mechanic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Here is the pic
DSC00008.JPG
mechanic

Postby glblanks » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Great, thanks.... I believe I can follow it now.
glblanks

Postby MONTI » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm

I may have missed this in the thread and as we haven't seen a picture of the right rear of your mech showing the area pictured here below,
does your mech have the anti-check payout assembly on it?
The portion circled here?
If so, point "A" should be up and point "B" should be in this forward position to allow correct vertical pay finger operation
interacting with the horizontal slide release levers allowing for proper payout from the payout slide assembly!
Just a random thought on my part!
MONTI

Right Rear of mech.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby glblanks » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:15 pm

I don't believe that's on my machine but I'll take a photo . Thanks
glblanks