Mills Castle Front Input

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Castle Front Input

Postby drishoff » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:27 am

Local auction has this castle front. Looking for some input. Is this a marriage of 2 machines or what ??

IMG_8375.JPG
drishoff

Re: Mills Castle Front Input

Postby atac » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Nope, it's a "slug rejector" version. Pretty much all the manufacturers made one in the mid-30's. They are not overly desirable to most collectors even though they aren't overly common. The coin handling mech is way more complicated and typically requires more maintenance to keep it working right.
atac

Postby drishoff » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks
drishoff

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 pm

one similar to this was in the "Vegas auction" , didn't sell for much.
what's the starting bid on it ? snag it if it appeals to you. be one of the few to own one.
JHSS-1944

Postby drishoff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 am

No starting bid or reserve auction. Slots and coin op started showing up last auction and this auction. Most are selling for more than ebay or Morphy's. Talked with an auction worker a couple days ago and was told the sellers wife is making him sell. When you mentioned the "Vegas auction" I went through the last coin op results from the Jan. 28-29 auction. Everything being sold was just bought there. I've zoomed in on a few pics and there is no doubt it's them same items. This auction charges 30% to the seller so he must have been in the dog house big time. Did he get auction fever in Vegas and then have an OH F moment when his wife saw the bill. Reminds me of a buyer, that had a how much did I just spend moment, at the Bovey Estate auction up in Montana back in 2000. It happens...
drishoff

Return to Slots