Australin Machine sold by Mr Barry Goldfarb?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Australin Machine sold by Mr Barry Goldfarb?

Postby andydotp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi old friends and greetings from Upsidedownland.
Been years since I was on here but have a question to pose if nobody minds please:

A UK Pennymachines forum member recently bought a Middlehurst Coronet from (I believe?) Mr Barry Goldfarb's recent auction and it has me completely stumped!
Going back years I posted some pics of my Coronet on here which was The First slot ever made here in Australia and by chance I managed to track down an elderly gentleman in Sydney, NSW, who worked on hand machining & assembling two original models. I have the very first amongst my collection of US beauties like my cast iron 1911 Mills Operators Bell and 100% ridgey-didge original Mystery Golden Black Front, War Eagle, Extraordinary Golden with side vendor, a re-furbed by Squires & Corrie in '77 Lion Front, a Poinsettia from (provenence said) a concealed wall in Nevada from the days of the construction of the Hoover Dam when an old out-building was being demolished - it was chock-full of '28 & '29 Nickels, plus a US penny Watling Ball gum vendor , Keeney Trip-L-Jax, Mills/Bolland Screen Stars, Daval Marvel token-payer and a Jennings Governor.

Where I'm confused though is that the only other 'supposedly' made Coronet is on pg 56 of the Ladwig book and was shipped to your shores in the early fifties. Mine was discovered down the back of an old, old Ainsworth/Aristocrat warehouse in Sydney buried amonsgt a pile of old Bally's & pinnies a friend of mine bought as a clear-out-job-lot.
I can honestly say it plays like a silent dream too.

So; Question American friends; Would anyone please be kind enough to pass on my details to Mr Goldfarb should you know him as I'm in suspenders (suspense, darn smell-check) as to where & when on God's green earth that 3rd Coronet appeared from?

Many thanks indeed,
Andy Pollitt - via:
firstnameandyp@yahoo.com

And no, this isn't spam or an attempt to buy or sell anyone anything (though you could always Google my autobiography 'Punk in the Gym' if you want a laugh).
Cheers,
AP.
andydotp

Return to Slots