jennings sun chief improper payout help

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: jennings sun chief improper payout help

Postby georgetwo922 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:36 am

I totally agree. The coins of today are just enough thicker to cause this.
georgetwo922

Re: jennings sun chief improper payout help

Postby mfaust1942 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:20 am

Been sleeping on the payout shortage issue. Question seems to be: if the coins are too thick and causing an issue, what else is adjustable? So I took a normal quarter and a hammer and pounded down the edges to make it thinner still. Not too much to pancake the coin. Just the edges. Makes it feel thin to the touch because the edges are gone. But a whole stack of these babies might do the trick in providing a more amenable stack height and hopefully a normal payout.
Not owning a Jennings yet, I'm thinking there seems to be plenty of tolerance for the width of the coin in the mech,but less so for the thickness of the coin as it lays flat in the coin tube. So it's something to fiddle with to gain or lose some height.

Not perfect, but I thought I'd ask. So this is my Easter gift or my Easter egg". Thanks for reading. Marty in Florida
mfaust1942

Previous

Return to Slots