Mills Black Cherry authentic question

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Black Cherry authentic question

Postby Draco_Elessar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 pm

I found a Mills Black Cherry at an antique mall for $1700 that looks to be in good condition, and it pays out when you win. I'm wondering if it's authentic or not because it has a single cherry win. From what I have read online this usually means it's not an authentic mills slot. The elevator does work. I was not able to look inside the slot because they did not have the right key at the store, but it will be there tomorrow for me to look at. Is there anything that I should look for that can tell me whether it's authentic or not? I did find this guide http://www.ibuyoldslots.com/ReproArticle.html, but any additional help would be appreciated. Here are some pictures:

Thanks,
Draco
Draco_Elessar

Re: Mills Black Cherry authentic question

Postby nhsodaman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm

I have the exact same machine and it looks fine. The one cherry is good for this machine. Not all Mills with one cherry are reproductions.

Paul
nhsodaman

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:50 pm

I agree with Paul on this, looks to be 100 % correct from what we can see.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby oldslotman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:56 pm

Looks like there is no jackpot. Appears to be hand pay
oldslotman

Postby Draco_Elessar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Thank you for the help! Is there a way better way to tell if the jackpot is good/working than taking the mech out?
Draco_Elessar

Postby oldslotman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Draco_Elessar wrote:Thank you for the help! Is there a way better way to tell if the jackpot is good/working than taking the mech out?

Not really, almost have to look inside to see if it is there.
oldslotman

Postby TheFatman » Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm

I am in Philadelphia and have the same machine in better shape. Same 10 cent type and with a fully working Jackpot. If your interested, 1200$ and if you live close by, a service warrenty too.
Dave F ... send a PM
TheFatman

Postby Draco_Elessar » Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 am

I got to take a look inside the machine and the jackpot did not work, so I didn't get it.

Out of curiosity, the Mills slots that came with a non-working jackpot. Do you have to replace the whole jackpot mech or can you enable it?

TheFatman wrote:I am in Philadelphia and have the same machine in better shape. Same 10 cent type and with a fully working Jackpot. If your interested, 1200$ and if you live close by, a service warrenty too.
Dave F ... send a PM

Thanks for the offer. I would be interested, if I wasn't on the west cost.
Draco_Elessar

Return to Slots